Rampage IV Extreme (Warranty Issue)

Duke976

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
Hello everyone, I hope someone can assist me regarding asus warranty. I have an RIVE motherboard that will not boot anymore. The error code that keeps on showing was debug code 00.

I have removed everything and even updated the bios but still the mobo will give me the same error. So i contacted the RMA department of asus last August 30. They made me ship my motherboard to Indiana and was received last Sept 5. After numerous phone calls made, someone from their customer service told me that they cannot repair my motherboard because it has physical damage. Attached is the picture that they took and made the decision to denied my warranty. They will replace my board for the amount of $300 since they claim that is was physical damage. I asked for the board back since i know that i didn't ship the board damage, the customer service even told me to file a claim with UPS for the broken unit.

Once i received the board, i immediately inspect it with magnifier, low and behold it looks like someone scrape one of the connections.

I have never experience any problem with any of the asus products that i have purchase in the past. I have always supported Asus as i find there product reliable in the past. But now that i needed help for the 1st time, I feel cheated by the company that i have supported through all these years. And after reading countless horrible RMA that Asus is providing, i am about to lose faith in getting any help from them.

Solution

blackcat762

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

I had a M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Asus board that I have RMA'd 3 times (on my 3rd one now). Each time they have sent it back, claiming it was repaired, but actually in worse shape than beforehand. Their customer service is horrific, you can't get an answer, and forget trying to talk to a supervisor. Yours is not the first time I've heard of a board looking as though it had been intentionally damaged to circumvent their warranty obligations.
After the second time, I pretty much lost faith and bought an MSI board, and have been enjoying my rig lately instead of chasing glitches. I wish I could offer some advice as to how to make them pony up, but unfortunately all anyone can really do is quit buying their brand, perhaps they won't be around selling faulty product on their reputation. They are a great example of a company that used to make great products, but now does everything half-ass and rests on their laurels.
I hope you are able to resolve your problem, I know how it feels.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Pictures are a little blurry or you used digital zoom. But that looks like fairly minor damage that could easily be repaired at home.

If that trace is the only thing broken, firing up a soldering iron and bridging that gap is the work of a few seconds.

It may not fix the original problem, but it would eliminate it as a factor.

P.S.

You will only ever here about the bad RMA experiences. I can tell you that the ASUS repair center in Jeffersonville, IN (Basically Louisville Kentucky) has repaired a motherboard for me in less then a week. I've had no reason to send in any of my other ASUS products.

Duke976

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014

Trace was their reason for not repairing the unit, and the trace if look closely is not even broken.