[SOLVED] Random black screen every once in a while

JeanPi

Honorable
Jul 30, 2015
Hello! I've been having random black screens every once in a while. Can't say hoy much time passes in between. So the way it behaves is that i'm using my pc and all of the sudden both my monitors go black, as if they stopped receiving signal. Audio sometimes stops. When the screen comes back, sites may be glitched out visually and in more than one occasion, wallpaper engine force closes.

I feel like this started once i downloaded the new geforce drivers, but i have no way of being sure. Maybe it's something else entirely and not related to gpu.

I'm rocking a 3070 aorus master with a i7 9700k, g skill trident 32gb at 3600mz and a 850 psu gold rated.

Any suggestions? As always, thank you.

Solution
Were you having this sort of problem before you had the 3070. As you said you felt like it started once you installed the latest GeForce drivers for the card maybe try rolling back to older ones or do a DDU on it.

off topic but I’ve seen a lot of threads with people having the 30 series card with issues like this.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Were you having this sort of problem before you had the 3070. As you said you felt like it started once you installed the latest GeForce drivers for the card maybe try rolling back to older ones or do a DDU on it.

off topic but I’ve seen a lot of threads with people having the 30 series card with issues like this.

Solution