Random black screen while playing not that good games

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
I keep getting random black screens while playing WORLD OF WARCRAFT, I have a BRAND NEW PC!
INTEL CORE i5 4670 3,4ghz quad core
RAM MEMORY 16GB DDR3
GRAPHIC CARD: AMD RADEON R9 200 series
Running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit everything

This shouldn't happen,I am able to play assassin's creed syndicate on MAXIMUM and nothing happens. but when I play world of warcraft I keep getting black screen very fast

I am not an expert, I know something about pc's, but I installed some RAPTR software and it updates alone everything and had some amd software with some clocking options, but I defaulted everything and uninstalled it.

I dont know how to check if its clocked (its not done through bios) and I have no clue why this happens

PLX help

EDIT: I reinstalled completely the new software from amd official webpage, drivers up to date, application optimized games for perfect play and... STILL I keep getting black screen with wierd sounds happening when it does.

P.S. The pc doesn't shut down completely, it is running but everything is black and frozen, all I can do is shut down manually and turn back on.

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
So, I updated EVERYHING, using official applications and programs, everything is up to date, from bios, to motherboard to graphic card to everything! even audio!
Still getting black screen with audio blocked sounding like I'm in a sawmill !

Please help !

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

MOTHERBOARD: AS ROCK Z87 PRO3
PROCESSOR: Intel i5 - 4670 3,4 ghz (4 cores)
PSU: XFX PRO850W Core Edition
MEMORY DISKS: 120GB SSD for windows only, 1TB HDD for everything else
RAM: 16 GB ram DDR3 (2x 8gb)
GRAPHIC CARD: XFX AMD R9 200 SERIES, 4GB GDDR5 memory

Btw, its nothing about the configuration of the pc mate, it was running well, this started half a year ago. Sometimes it doesn't crash, and sometimes it crashes 5 times in a row!
Especially when I have youtube open for music in the background and play WOW.

I really dont know, I updated EVERYTHING, and I am growing tired of paying around 2000 Euro for a pc that can't play WORLD OF WARCRAFT and have no problems....

logainofhades

Titan
Your specs look fine. I asked because we often have users show up with problems, using junk PSU's and that ends up being the problem. Knowing system specs beforehand, saves time. ;)

Go into your WoW folder, and delete the WTF and Cache folders, and let it regenerate them, when you log in again. One of them could be corrupt.

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

I tried with that allready. BUT I just noticed something. It happens when I have open multiple things. rarely when only wow on, mostly when I have WOW and firefox or WOW and some other exe thingy.
I really dont know. I will try again with the cache and and WTF and let you know, meanwhile if you remember something else, please dont hesitate to write here.

thank you alot

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
SO, I deleted WTF and CACHE completely, and I run the game without anything open in the background as a window (just normal apps from intel and amd) and I tried even without them. Keeps crashing showing black screen with the sawmill sound in the back ;)

Please help Its kind of a new pc and this is really not normal.

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
How can an ADDON crash my WHOLE pc. I understand crashing WOW so stops responding, or getting DC, but crashing the pc ?

And all the addons I use are the ADDONS my friends use (gladius, omnicc, omnibar, bagnon, gladiatorlosa auchionator) its like the basic arena addons.

I will try that, but I CANNOT play without them. Why is MY pc affected by them and other's not? is there any explanation behind it?
Questions I'm intrigued by ;)

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Ok, this is what I did now:
Deleted WTF and cache, run wow, play abit it crashes.
Deleted EVERY ADDON, run wow, play abit it crashes.
Deleted WTF and Cache, Delete every addon, run wow, play a few secs, it crashes!

I didn't just come here and write my problem, I've read some topics similar to mine, and it says about bios load default config.
I did that too before, didnt help, I updated bios, GPU, CPU, Motherboard, audio, network....EVERYTHING
I really dont know what else can it be....

EDIT : I read a post about whocrashed software to tell me what made my pc crash, and OFC it says that there are no kernell and minidump crashes on my pc logs, i optimized in my computer startup and recovery settings to try kernell and minidump, shows NONE in the software,
Was monitoring CPU usage.... NO CPU IS PARKED AT ANY TIME, CPU usage goes from cpu 3 then takes over all 4, and then it crashes.
Was monitoring CPU temp. nothing special, 35 - 47 max. at the point I hear the cooler go wild when I hit ALT TAB to check the temps, it CRUSHES!

I hope this helps.... thank you alot!

logainofhades

Titan
Out of date, bad, or corrupted addons, can make WoW crash to the point you have to restart the system to close it out. I have had it happen. Check for malware, using malwarebytes. CPU usage just taking off on its own, is usually a good indicator of malware. An over zealous antivirus program can cause issues as well.

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

Since I can't seem to get to the end of the problem normally, I decided to format the whole ssd and hdd and install fresh everything up. I know I am full of malware and viruses but thought avira and malwarebite keep it at bay in quarantine.
Well. Ty very much for your valuable time and your answers. You are totally awesome !!!!

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

Hello again dear friend.
FRESH WINDOWS 7 64bit install
FRESH drivers for everything
Run wow, play 2-3 minutes...... SAME THING AGAIN!!!!

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

Memtest86 went for full 11 hours, no errors all passes were successfull.
test complete: http://s28.postimg.org/l5zmq76xp/test_complete.jpg
summary: http://s29.postimg.org/yf5tq6qpj/summary_no_error.jpg
The crystal disk showing both disks are in good cindition and 26 celsius temp.
monitor: http://s30.postimg.org/qge6yryc1/crystal_disk_info.png
But now I have an even bigger problem.
I went to reset cmos, took out the graph card couse the battery is under it....took it out, clean abit and put back in as it was.
On the way i saw cpu cooler was covered in dust on the inside, so I took it out cleaned the cpu abit put new thermal paste and put everything back as it was.

Now the pc doesn't want to power up at all. Doesnt respond to the button.

EDIT !!!!!!!!!!!! I menaged to find the cmos jumper for the reset, put it on 2 other pins for 15 secs, back on and worked.

Now pc is working, BIOS CMOS reset and i set new date, everything is running, now I have to test it!. will give you feedback

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
I just want to say that I played a 2 hour session with no crash yet. Will try more and leave info here.
I guess the problem was in the layer of dust inside the CPU cooler.
I checked that before everything, but this retarded cooler is so badly designed that you cant see its dusty at all until you dismantle it and take apart in 3 pieces.
Probably wasnt cooling the cpu enough and it shut down at a certain temp to prevent overheating.
Or it was the cmos reset
We'll never know. Hehe

But the odd thing is that ac syndicate was going well....very odd

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

Hello there .... again ;)

It happened again after 2 days, and persists.
I reinstalled a new windows, this time windows 10, so I'm sure I'm not having a corrupted windows version, and it keeps happening,

I really dont know what's the deal anymore .... :(
do you have any more troubleshooting for me?

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

I really dont think its about the gpu man, I installed WILDSTAR 2 days ago, tried few hours session and running WOW and happens only in WOW.
Running Wildstar on ULTRA HIGH settings, works very well!

NEWS ABOUT WHAT I FOUND OUT:
I tried to switch graphic quality in wow, I can play for ages with LOW, FAIR AND GOOD preset graphic quality in WOW, as soon as I switch on HIGH or ULTRA, it crashes.
So I'm thinking that it could be some setting that crashes gpu or something, meaby the antisoptric filtering? couse till 4x antisoptric works, then it goes to 8x and 16x on high and ultra. (ARTICLE ABOUT SOME DIRECTX 11 stuff here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3avur2/dx11_client_possible_fix_if_your_game_keeps/

So getting my GPU out, and testing makes no sense here, since on the integrated settings I cant go to ULTRA settings since its not that strong to check.

Must be some WOW settings!
Please try to see yourself if you understand anything, since I dont even know what antisoptric means xD

EDIT: Got crashed on GOOD quality now, but I had youtube in the background

GOOD QUALITY SETTINGS: http://s14.postimg.org/45brpe2xt/Good_quality.jpg
HIGH QUALITY SETTINGS: http://s29.postimg.org/nj22zavif/High_quality.jpg
ULTRA QUALITY SETTINGS: http://s24.postimg.org/6e86rfpf9/Ultra_Quality.jpg
ADVANCED PAGE (Not really touching): http://s29.postimg.org/h7wvivu9z/2nd_page_not_touching.jpg

Thank you for your time ;)
P.S. I've got a video of the pc crashing multiple times, if you want that I can upload to youtube to show you, but I guess you understand what happens :)

NEW EDIT: I took out GPU and works fine, but its unplayable on high and ultra rating due to ENORMOUS LAG! but hey, it didn't crash,

But still, doesn't answer why ONLY WOW

logainofhades

Titan
Either it is a driver issue, or there is something wrong with that card, that WoW is trying to access. That is all you have left, as it did not crash on the IGP, which is all I was after. I wanted to see if it would crash, I knew it would not be playable.

To make sure you are completely getting rid of the old driver, use this. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then reinstall the latest driver, from AMD.

Sometimes this helps me also, as it deals with registry errors.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
Well I reinserted the card, closed all the background applications like: realtek hd audio menager, intel rapid storage technology, xfast lan, xfast usb, radeon settings, intel smart connect technology, raptr (amd gaming evolved), skype and curse client.
Run the game in WINDOWED MODE, and DISABLE SOUNDS!
It runs smoothly and played over an hour, as I restarded pc with those apps back, and enable sound and fullscreen, it crashes again!

I am 100% positive I got rid of old drivers, since I freshly installed windows 2 times, and with the APP (gaming evolved) just updated to newest one.

Now... I did some heating tests with HWMONITOR, and GPU goes to 94celsius, cores utility goes to 100% and 98% some. I got a log I have no clue how to read, meaby you know something ;)

http://www.filedropper.com/hwmonitor2

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

Uninstalled everything. Safe mode got rid of drivers, got new drivers and not installed ANY background apps. Only drivers.
Will see now

Adanath88

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016

I got rid of every single background app, and I did three 2 hour sessions and everything went smooth.
So its one of the background apps that was messing with wow badly.
I even safemode removed old driver, installed amd driver and no catalyst!
So basically got rid of: raptr amd gaming evolved, catalyst radeon settings, xfast lan, xfast usb, intel smart connect technology, intel rapid storage technology, asrock app

Thank you alot for everything, I finally found the problem.
Awesome man
Once again....thank you