huntleco

Prominent
Jun 3, 2019
So we are working with a Ryzen 7 2700x, RX 570, 16 GB of 3200 Gskill Ripjaws, Aorus B450 Pro Wifi. For about a week and a half there were no issues. However recently it justed started randomly freezing, became completely unresponsive and we had to force shut down every time. Now, since it froze so fast and so often we weren't sure what to do, and some google searching led us to believe it was a bad windows update, and so we tried to reinstall windows. This fails everytime. We are using a DVD from one of the first versions of windows 10. We get errors such as 0xc000000e, 0xc0000001, We have also recevied just about every BSOD you can find, such as; system thread exception not handled, kmode exception not handled, memory management, system servicce exception, IRQL not less or equal, dpc watchdog violation, pfn list corrupt, etc. We are completely lost on what the problem could be and any help is appreciated.

I would start by getting the latest Windows 10 created on a flash drive with Windows Media Creation Tool. Using a DVD of the first version of Windows 10 is not really recommended.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

After that if it's still crash while you install Windows you have a hardware instability since you are not in the OS so it can't be the OS.

What is your RAM and at what speed is it set to in your BIOS? Are you using the XMP profile or not?

Do you have a SSD or HDD and what is it?

huntleco

Prominent
Jun 3, 2019
I would start by getting the latest Windows 10 created on a flash drive with Windows Media Creation Tool. Using a DVD of the first version of Windows 10 is not really recommended.

After that if it's still crash while you install Windows you have a hardware instability since you are not in the OS so it can't be the OS.

What is your RAM and at what speed is it set to in your BIOS? Are you using the XMP profile or not?

I will be picking up a usb in the morning and doing that. It is 16gb gskill ripjaws 3200mghz. It was running at 2999 before we had these problems, reset to factory after which is 2133. The SSD we used was a kingston a400 120gb m.2.

Just to throw in my 2 cents on this, definately use the latest version of Windows. The USB drive must be at least 12gb I believe. I used a 16gb sd card which costed like 8 bucks, so its cheap.

Or if your pc stays on long enough, try updating windows and see if you can update the system before it BSODs.

huntleco

Prominent
Jun 3, 2019
Just to throw in my 2 cents on this, definately use the latest version of Windows. The USB drive must be at least 12gb I believe. I used a 16gb sd card which costed like 8 bucks, so its cheap.

Or if your pc stays on long enough, try updating windows and see if you can update the system before it BSODs.
I would love to try and update but we can’t even install windows at the moment. I will be doing the usb method in the morning, really hoping that fixes our problems.