Question Random BSODs recently (haven't had any for years) ?

ydoumus

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
Hey,

Could anyone take a look at these dump files, please? I've had 2 BSoDs within 4 days for an unknown (to me) reason.

I know that in the past it used to be my PSU, but I haven't changed any hardware recently. Also, when it was my PSU, dump files were never created; here they are dumped correctly.

BSoD 1
BSoD 2

Thanks in advance.

the system bugchecked because one or more usb devices claimed to processed the same packet. devices should only process a packet intended to be processed by that device. This is hard to figure out and would require a kernel dump and looking at internal usb logs.

do the following:
- download and run microsoft autoruns
find the driver
WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 06:29:37 2008
and disable it.
- start cmd.exe as an admin then run the command
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
(fix the corrupted windows core files)

- turn off virtual memory then reboot and turn it back on.
(to dump pagefile.sys and make a new one)

now go to
B450 AORUS Elite V2 (rev. 1.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

-download the new bios, install it and boot windows.
(required)
- go to the same place and update the chipset drivers and most of the other drivers including the sound driver. (best not to install the utilites but you have some installed already so you should remove them or update then)
make sure you update the RBG drivers to the current version or remove it if you don't care.

at this point you will want to install the amd ryzenmaster drivers directly from amd since you have a old copy running and it overrides the microsoft cpu microcode dll.

now, you have to look for firmware updates to each of your usb devices, (razer, logitech,corsair, and steel series)

now go into windows control panel, find device manager then look on the menu options and find
the option to show hidden devices. turn it on and then go to each greyed out device and delete the entry.
usb devices install drivers when something is connected to usb then it only hides the device when it is removed. The driver is still installed and running even after the device is removed. ( i would guess this is the root cause of this bugchcek)

At this point you should reboot and wait to see if you get another bugcheck. if you do then you would have to change the memory dump type to kernel and provide a kernel dump so the USB info and debug logs would be included in the memory dump. Minidumps do not include this information.

sorry, it is a lot to do. you have to do almost all of it since update of the bios requires update of the drivers.
The drivers have to match the bios version or you will have other problems.

some people run the winring software but this version is really old, make sure it is not required for some device you have installed (cooler?)

usb specifications change over the years and require a bios update for the changes. You are using the generic usb drivers that microsoft provides and it expects that the bios has been updated to support the correct specification level. (your bios is 6 versions behind)

most people do not have
AmdTools64.sys Thu Feb 15 03:09:50 2018
installed. you might see that it gets updated or if you need it.
very few people run the ryzenmaster drivers (for overclocking)

Last edited: