[SOLVED] Random CPU temp spikes while idle

Apr 18, 2021
I just recently installed a new 3700x, however I have been noticing that my CPU temperature will spike to 60c from my avg temp of around 37c for about 5-10 seconds randomly. Interestingly enough, my temps are quite stable while playing Skyrim, staying at around 45-50c constantly. Is this something I should be worried about?

Solution
Hi liam8877.

Don't worry about Ryzen spikes. The cores are sleeping at idle and anything you do will spike the CPU to that temperature for a short amount of time.

If your fan rev up a lot when it does this I would recommend you tweak the fan curve so that the fan does not spin like crazy when it spikes.

Here on my 3900X it's idling at 33C and if I open Chrome it will spike to 55C for 1 second and go back down.
Hi liam8877.

Don't worry about Ryzen spikes. The cores are sleeping at idle and anything you do will spike the CPU to that temperature for a short amount of time.

If your fan rev up a lot when it does this I would recommend you tweak the fan curve so that the fan does not spin like crazy when it spikes.

Here on my 3900X it's idling at 33C and if I open Chrome it will spike to 55C for 1 second and go back down.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

TRENDING THREADS