Question Random "Critical_Process_Died" BSOD on new build ?

Oct 9, 2024
Hello!

Im not a english native speaker so please bear with me.

I just finished building my PC, here are my specs:

MB: MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk Wifi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RAM: 2 x G.Skill DDR5 16MB installed in slots 2 and 4
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Super
SSD: Western Digital 2TB M.2
PSU: EVGA 850 GQ

I get random Bluescreen "Critical_Process_Died", especially just after Booting if i right click on the desktop or on the Task bar.

• I unbuilded and rebuilded my whole case.
  • I switched the M.2 SSD to another slot.
  • I tried GPU in other PCIe slots.
  • I unplugged RAM and replugged it,
  • I checked all Power Supplies and the CPU. No change.
  • I did a Memtest86 without Error.
  • I did sfc /scannow - it told me it repaired the damaged files
  • I did Crystaldisk no Error
  • I tried several Benchmarks (Cinebench and another one for the GPU) no issues
  • I tried also reinstalling Win 11 - after formating the SSD. I have less Bluescreens but I still get some.

Is there a way you could support me or help me out and tell me what kind of Test i should do to find the error or to find out which part might be defect?

I guess there's something wrong with my MB?

Maybe you guys can help me :)

Thanks.

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
How to fix the 0xc000021a error code?
  1. Run SFC Tool.
  2. Run Windows Defender Antivirus Tool.
  3. Update/Uninstall Device Driver.
  4. Uninstall Problematic Windows Update.
  5. Run CHKDSK Command.
  6. Uninstall Incompatible Software/Application.
  7. Perform System Restore.

Oct 9, 2024
@logainofhades

what you mean with "latest Version" ?

I first installed Win 11 with Windows media creation tool and an USB - i had a constant Warning with the IGPU of the CPU "Radeon Graphic TM" i couldn't get rid of it and had constantly Bluescreen.

Thats when i decided to format Win 11 and freshly install win 10. So the second time i Installed Win 10 and updated it until Win 11.

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
@logainofhades

I first installed Win 11 with Windows media creation tool and an USB - i had a constant Warning with the IGPU of the CPU "Radeon Graphic TM" i couldn't get rid of it and had constantly Bluescreen.

Thats when i decided to format Win 11 and freshly install win 10. So the second time i Installed Win 10 and updated it until Win 11.
24H2 from microsoft with tool make usb and install

logainofhades

Titan
@logainofhades

When I built my old R7 3700x rig, my windows installer revision was quite old, and gave me all kinds of blue screens and terrible lag trying to do anything. It was from back when I built my 6700k machine, and predated Ryzen. I went and downloaded the latest revision available at the time, and did another fresh format, and install, and it worked flawlessly.