Question Random freeze since the purchase of a new GPU

Oct 18, 2022
Hello everyone! I hope you are all well.

I would like to thank in advance the people who will take the time to help me with my problem. I would also like to point out that I am not a computer expert, so I may not understand some of the terms.

Here is my problem; Several weeks ago, I bought a new graphics card (GIGABYTE 3080 TI OC 12GB) and I have been experiencing random freezes ever since. I can still hear the sounds of the computer (I can still hear the sound of the video that was playing) but the image is frozen.

I had thought I had found the solution by purchasing a new 1000W PSU (HX Series™ HX1000 - 1000 Watt 80 PLUS® PLATINUM Certified Fully Modular PSU) but 2-3 days later I had the same freeze. I also updated my BIOS hoping to fix the problem, but it changed nothing.
Now, I just reformatted my computer (delete the SSD, reformat the SSD, install Windows 10 Pro with the USB key) and I had no more freeze until today (so 3 days later).

Here is my setup:
IOS :
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Motherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 3.60GHz (with a Master Cooler)
RAM: 64,0 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1599MHz (VENGEANCE® LPX 64GB (4 x 16GB))
GPU: GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti GAMING OC 12G
PSU: Corsair HX Series™ HX1000 - 1000 Watt 80 PLUS® PLATINUM Certified Fully Modular

I have a 3 monitors setup:
Main Monitor:
Samsung C49RG9x 49” (Display Port)
Second Monitor: ASUS VN289 27” (Display Port)
Third Monitor: HISENSE 50” (Android TV – HDMI)

Do you think this is a hardware or software problem? Could it be my graphics card that is defective?

Let me know if you need more information.