Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
I have a new build with:
gigabyte b450m
ryzen 5 2600 cpu
g skill 16 (2x8) gb ram
asus gtx 1660 gpu
win 10 64 bit mb
When I boot, after about 5-10 mins it just freezes. When i test it with an older gpu it throws a clock watchdog timeout. Do you have any idea what could be going on? I am planning on doing a format with the official iso from microsoft (the original one was from unofficial and an older version).

Solution
Do you know if formatting can fix this kind of problem? I mean, there is no incompatibility in the hardware or something?

Unless you use an official version of Windows and not some shady version from 2015 there is no point of troubleshooting your system. If the issue persist after you install a legit version of the OS then you can start the real elimination process.

Yes it could fix this kind of issue. Or not.

Your issue could be software related. A legit OS and clean install of it would remove that possibility.

Leaving you with hardware. At this point it could be your PSU, RAM, Board, Drive, CPU or overheating issues.
Do you know if formatting can fix this kind of problem? I mean, there is no incompatibility in the hardware or something?

Unless you use an official version of Windows and not some shady version from 2015 there is no point of troubleshooting your system. If the issue persist after you install a legit version of the OS then you can start the real elimination process.

Yes it could fix this kind of issue. Or not.

Your issue could be software related. A legit OS and clean install of it would remove that possibility.

Leaving you with hardware. At this point it could be your PSU, RAM, Board, Drive, CPU or overheating issues.

Last edited:
Solution