Question Random freezes and restarts during gaming ?

Jul 23, 2024
What to do when PC randomly freezes and restarts during gaming?
All drivers are updated and temperatures have been monitored, but the issue doesn't want to go away..

Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600,
GPU: RTX 3060,
RAM: 16GB
PSU: 650W

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to troubleshoot further?

Jul 23, 2024
The PSU is a Corsair CX650, 650W 80+ Bronze. It might be 2 years old and was purchased new. The exact model number is CP-9020122-NA.

js2

Jul 16, 2024
All drivers are updated and temperatures have been monitored, but the issue doesn't want to go away..

Specs

Have you done a scandisk and sfc /scannow? Checking resource monitor and logs can also help.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The PSU is a Corsair CX650, 650W 80+ Bronze.
Mediocre quality PSU. Good for office PCs without dedicated GPU, but not good enough for PCs with dedicated GPU, especially for gaming use. And there have been reports of CX-series acting up and rebooting PCs out of the blue.

Here, i'd replace the PSU with good quality unit. Like: Seasonic Focus/Vertex/PRIME, Corsair RMx/RMi/HXi/AXi, Super Flower Leadex Gold/Platinum/Titanium.
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/WrNypg,mQDkcf,6NcG3C,76vdnQ/

Seasonic Focus GX-650 (80+ Gold) is good quality PSU with 10 years of warranty.

I too have Seasonic Focus in use, but mine is PX-550 (80+ Platinum). And the other two PSUs i have, are Seasonic PRIME TX-650 (80+ Titanium).

For 2nd opinion about your PSU, you can look it up from PSU tier list,
link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

You'll find it under Tier B. While what i suggested and am personally using, is all Tier A.

Reactions: Arthur_

Specs

Things to check what type of ram are you using

What operating system are you using