Question Random freezes, GPU Active

hildebranddj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Been noting it happening more and more lately but i am having random freezes of the system, (Usually right after boot, but can randomly happen any time, even in safe mode) but I can still move the mouse, game music will still pay, just can't click on anything and the joystick is unresponsive. I have done sfc/scannow and it does not find any errors. Samsung Magician shows an update to firmware is needed but it fails every time. I have noticed Magician popping up at startup saying failure to scan drive on occasion. Drive is an 860 Pro 256GB. Nothing other than an Warning or 2 in the event viewer.

Just can be annoying as heck, playing something online, or on Skype, or even typing a document, and have to stop, walk away for 2-3 minutes, and everything is fine again..

hildebranddj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Sorry for the late response. It was a Corsair Firmware issue I believe. One update made it far worse till I swapped to a USB 2.0 port then they came back less than a week later with another update for the K68. And after 1909 windows update, it hasn't frozen again. It was so oddly sporatic it was hard to duplicate constant. Thanks ?!!

TRENDING THREADS