Question Random freezing issues

Nov 19, 2021
A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case (Start menu won't open and everything freezes).
I tried to:

• Clean install windows 10,
  • Format SSD that includes partition C,
  • Apply new thermal paste over the processor
  • Clean the rams
  • Stop all services from msconfig
  • Run memory diagnostic tool
    Run memtest86
  • Change HDMI cable to Display port
Interesting findings:
  • Event viewer > Event ID 41 Category 63 source Kernel-Power
  • After applying the new thermal paste and cleaning the rams, it worked fine for a week then it started to freeze again.
  • Sometimes it freezes 3 times a day and sometimes once every three days.
  • Today it froze while watching a video with VLC, but the sound kept coming out from a Bluetooth headphones, and this is the first time something keeps working after freezing.
Setup is new, just 9 month old:

Ryzen 5 5600X
ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
Zotac GTX 1660 Super
Crucial ballistix 3200 (2*8)
Samsung Evo 970 500 GB
CORSAIR Combo SPEC DELTA RGB Case-CV550 550W PSU
This problem drives me crazy as I can't figure out what's wrong, I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

Also I started to suspect rams after seeing this thread

Nov 30, 2021
I have the same problem but I don't really get the RAM problem , to try to fix the problem i changed the CPU from 5800x to 5900X amd ryzen and changed the RAM to 2x16 ddr4 3600 Mhz corsaire.
I'm still having the same problem
-The problem occur when i dont game, when im simply in browsing in a couple of browser, then suddently im unable to use windows anymore, cannot shut it down or open new app from windwos, but i can cant still browse weirdly. Never occurred when i was gaming . so its definitely a problem when system is on a slow pace .
Maybe psu, no idea i need help .

Nov 19, 2021
I also started to think it's a PSU issue but I am not sure. It didn't happen for a week now so I'm waiting to see what happens, If I find out what causes the issue I will reply in this thread.

Dec 5, 2021

I've been having the same issue on my new build (from beginning of the year). Made this thread about it after getting my motherboard back from ASUS yesterday.

Same one you have - ASUS B550-F Gaming (Wifi). They "repaired" it but didn't tell me what they diagnosed the problem as, or what was repaired on the board....I still don't trust the MB and I suspect it's something wrong with it causing the problem.

I really don't know what else to look at, or what else could be causing the issue. I RMA'd my CPU, RAM. I got a new SSD. Have tried a different GPU, and tried a different PSU in it. The only thing that hasn't been replaced or tested with a different component is the motherboard. Unless something is causing a short in the case leading to these freezes, or it's something 100% software related I'm out of ideas. Right now I'm on a fresh install of windows though. Only thing I put on it was Chrome and Steam. Guy at repair shop put on Heaven Benchmark, CPUID to test out the parts. We removed ASUS Armoury Crate as we read online a couple people reporting issues from it. So I doubt it's software related for me.

If I come across anything I'll post in this thread, but I've been battling this problem for months. Looking for all the outside help I can get in finding a solution.