Mar 30, 2021
Hi All,

I built a PC 2 weeks ago, this is my first build. Here are the specs below -

Case: NZXT H1, Matte White
  • 140 mm AIO Liquid cooler
  • 650W Gold PSU

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming

RAM: Trident Z Neo, DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V, 32GB (2x16GB)

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB

Graphics Card: GeForce RTX™ 3060 (Asus Dual OC)

After doing a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation, I did not get all my drivers up to date from the respective PC part website - Motherboard, Graphics Card.
There was already a version on the NVIDIA Graphics card driver installed. So, I thought alright let's install FIFA 20 first, and then I can update all of them on the side.

After installing FIFA 20, my system randomly started getting this BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
and even when I started the game, it used to not start and give me errors like - Graphics Card was physically removed or some errors got to do with drivers crashing. Either of the two.

I looked up online for this issue and decided to uninstall my recent programs (as recommended by the forum I saw)
  1. Uninstalled FIFA 20 and the Origin games launcher
  2. Installed all the correct drivers from the respective websites - Motherboard and Graphics Card
  3. Installed Origin and FIFA 20 back on.
-This fixed the BSOD for good (at least, I thought I did), but the game was still crashing with the same errors as above.
I thought doing a clean install of Nvidia drivers would help, but it didn't.

-Then I thought, maybe it's an issue on FIFA's side. So, I went on to install Assassins Creed Odyssey but I still am getting random crashes after 10-40 minutes of play.
- This same BSOD (which used to occur every 10-30 minutes of my system being on) occurred once recently, it has just happened once as opposed to it happening every 10-30 minutes earlier.
So, I did fix something by doing the things I did above, but not completely :(

- Note: After updating all the drivers and my BIOS, I enabled DOCP. Maybe this piece of information will be useful for troubleshooting.

Please help me, like I said this is my first build and my experience with gaming PCs and graphics cards is almost NIL.

Thanking this community in advance. <3

Hi All,

I built a PC 2 weeks ago, this is my first build. Here are the specs below -

Case: NZXT H1, Matte White
  • 140 mm AIO Liquid cooler
  • 650W Gold PSU

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming

RAM: Trident Z Neo, DDR4-3600MHz CL18-22-22-42 1.35V, 32GB (2x16GB)

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB

Graphics Card: GeForce RTX™ 3060 (Asus Dual OC)

After doing a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation, I did not get all my drivers up to date from the respective PC part website - Motherboard, Graphics Card.
There was already a version on the NVIDIA Graphics card driver installed. So, I thought alright let's install FIFA 20 first, and then I can update all of them on the side.

After installing FIFA 20, my system randomly started getting this BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
and even when I started the game, it used to not start and give me errors like - Graphics Card was physically removed or some errors got to do with drivers crashing. Either of the two.

I looked up online for this issue and decided to uninstall my recent programs (as recommended by the forum I saw)
  1. Uninstalled FIFA 20 and the Origin games launcher
  2. Installed all the correct drivers from the respective websites - Motherboard and Graphics Card
  3. Installed Origin and FIFA 20 back on.
-This fixed the BSOD for good (at least, I thought I did), but the game was still crashing with the same errors as above.
I thought doing a clean install of Nvidia drivers would help, but it didn't.

-Then I thought, maybe it's an issue on FIFA's side. So, I went on to install Assassins Creed Odyssey but I still am getting random crashes after 10-40 minutes of play.
- This same BSOD (which used to occur every 10-30 minutes of my system being on) occurred once recently, it has just happened once as opposed to it happening every 10-30 minutes earlier.
So, I did fix something by doing the things I did above, but not completely :(

- Note: After updating all the drivers and my BIOS, I enabled DOCP. Maybe this piece of information will be useful for troubleshooting.

Please help me, like I said this is my first build and my experience with gaming PCs and graphics cards is almost NIL.

Thanking this community in advance. <3
Did you install AMD chipset drivers? Also isn't that the case that catches on fire? :p

Mar 30, 2021
Did you install AMD chipset drivers? Also isn't that the case that catches on fire? :p
Hi Flayed!

Yes, I did from the ASUS Motherboard drivers download page at - Link
Do I have to install something else?

And Yes! XD
That's the one, but since then they had done a revision, and instead of metal screws, I got the one with Nylon screws. This fixes the problem but it does not address the underlying issue.
They are now sending out updated PCIe Gen3 Riser assembly kits, and I have signed up! See

Last edited:
Hi Flayed!

Yes, I did from the ASUS Motherboard drivers download page at - Link
Do I have to install something else?

And Yes! XD
That's the one, but since then they had done a revision, and instead of metal screws, I got the one with Nylon screws. This fixes the problem but it does not address the underlying issue.
They are now sending out updated PCIe Gen3 Riser assembly kits, and I have signed up! See
Did you update to the latest bios for your motherboard? Also make sure windows is fully updated