Question Random, generic freezing, what do I try next ?

Philipjustanewbie

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2015
Laptop model: Dell Latitude 7480

I5-6300u
Qhd touch screen
16g ddr4 (2 sodimms)
Pop!_os 20.??

Random generic freezing at any temperature or work load. Freezes during retro gaming, or browsing the web, or using software center. Sometimes locks up within minutes, sometimes hours.

I tried:

What should I try next?
Thanks!!!!

Ralston18

Titan
Windows OS - correct?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error code, warning, or even and informational event just before or at the time of the freezes.

Start wth Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may reveal some pattern.

Event Viewer is more cumbersome and requires much more time and effort to navigate and understand.

To help:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-use-windows-10-event-viewer.2752289/

Clicking any given entry will provide more details. The details may or may not be helpful.

Googling specific error codes may also prove useful. However, be sure to read multiple links to 1) understand the root problem, and 2) find a potential and viable solution.

Philipjustanewbie

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2015
Thanks Ralston18, I am running different versions of Linux, currently Pop!_os. But I will do some digging to see if I can access an event viewer or history. Thanks!

Philipjustanewbie

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2015
Windows OS - correct?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error code, warning, or even and informational event just before or at the time of the freezes.

Start wth Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may reveal some pattern.

Event Viewer is more cumbersome and requires much more time and effort to navigate and understand.

To help:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-use-windows-10-event-viewer.2752289/
Ok here are my log files preceding the most recent crash:

Clicking any given entry will provide more details. The details may or may not be helpful.

Googling specific error codes may also prove useful. However, be sure to read multiple links to 1) understand the root problem, and 2) find a potential and viable solution.

TRENDING THREADS