Random half a second stutters when doing anything. i5 6600k

superman2233

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Hi, last month i built my new gaming pc, and now im encountering an error where the pc stutters/freezes for less than half a second and does like a stuck cd drive sound during that time (no, i dont have a cd drive).
Last 3 times that that sttuter happens i have opened the task manager and the cpu was 100%.
Also im using "open hardware monitor" to monitor the temps of the cpu and gpu and after stutters the max percentages of cpu usage in the program show 100%.

So i started thinking it was the cpu.
The cpu temps are right, as it normally stays at 45° celcius when not gaming and around 50° when gaming thanks to the hyper 212 evo cooler.

Now the motherboard: its an asus Z170-A and it doesnt have the lastest bios update. If i type "systeminfo" in cmd it shows that it has the 1902 bios version.
If i go to the asus driver-webpage and to the "CPU support" tab and look for my cpu it shows that the lastest bios (i guess is the bios for that cpu model, i dont really know, never flashed a bios before) its the 2202. (full link below).

For the GPU: i have a EVGA GTX 1070 acx 3.0 (yes, the model that caught on fire) with the lastest bios (anti-fire bios lol). Only problem i had with it apart from running games at 80° celcius before the bios and one full pc freeze (i guess it was for the temps, and also before the bios) that made me unplug the pc to turn it off.

And about the coolers, im running with only 1 cooler (back exaust) in the case, but surprisingly no high temps.

For the windows part: Im running windows 10 64-bit home edition, and i did a clean install one month ago when i built the pc. The OS is installed in the SSD.

So... i dont really have an idea why this random sttuters that happen every hour or so happen.
Last thing i wanna do is to update the motherboard bios, cause i dont want to have a random power outage that ruins my motherboard in the process.

Like i said in the beggining everything is new, and has less than a month of usage.

Full pc specs:

Ram: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s
CPU: i5 6600k
Motherboard: Asus z170-a ATX
Cooler: 212 EVO
HDD: WD blue 1tb 6gb/s 7200rpm
GPU: GTX 1070 acx 3.0
PSU: EVGA 750 b2
SSD: Samsung 840 evo 120gb.

superman2233

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

I guess the SSD works perfectly, cause i had it in my old pc, the same day i built this pc, and never had a problem with it before.

superman2233

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Actually, i dont really know, the "windows computer" specs show 3.5ghz, but the open hardware monitor shows 3.9ghz.

fo0vp.jpg

vyr3hd.jpg

And, no, i didnt modify the clock speeds in the bios.

superman2233

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
No, there are no overclock switches enabled, it was the cpu "turbo mode". But the stuttering problem is still happening, now with a random full freeze when doing anything. It happens like twice in a week and mostly when i leave the pc on and leave, because when i come back and log in nothing that i left open is there, like if the pc reseted after a freeze.
I dont really have a clue of what is happening here