[SOLVED] Random noise coming from the PSU (?)

Oct 4, 2019
Recently I noticed some strange noise coming out of my PC I don't know if this existed before or it just happened recently but I can't stay anxious like this without knowing what's going on.

I'm not entirely sure if it is coming from the PSU or not, but the sounds appear to be coming from the top inside the case, the PSU is the only component mounted on top of the case so I assume it's what making this noise.

It sounds as if there are tiny pebbles being thrown against the top of the case, or a stuck insect banging itself against something, there definitely isn't any foreign object inside, and it definitely isn't coming from the HDD since it's on the opposite side at the bottom of the case and it's much quiter, unlike this distracting zapping/crackling noise, it just happens randomly.

It's a bit closer to this sound at the same frequency:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOIBNVwtcZo

But it's much much closer to this, the closest I could find, but not as often as it is in the video, it usually happens 3 times every 5 minutes, sometimes once each 10 minutes, sometimes happens like 5 times in a row and stays quiet thereafter, it's just so random and inconsistent (Assuming it's the PSU afterall, but I don't think it could be anything else)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pSMfY9XvWU

My PSU is Corsair VS Series, VS550 80+ White Certified

EDIT: I'm extremely fine with the noise as long as I'm firmly certain it isn't a sign for something bigger or worse, the last thing I ever want is hardware failure, I don't know if it's just acting the way it's supposed to and the noise is normal. I really hope it is

Last edited:
Solution
I noticed the noise disappearing after changing the room, I noticed that whenever the zapping noise happens the light bulb flickers, at that moment I knew it's the circuit so I moved my PC to the living room and the sounds are gone so far (hopefully) I think the problem wasn't the PSU itself but rather the room's poorly designed circuit.
Oct 4, 2019
I noticed the noise disappearing after changing the room, I noticed that whenever the zapping noise happens the light bulb flickers, at that moment I knew it's the circuit so I moved my PC to the living room and the sounds are gone so far (hopefully) I think the problem wasn't the PSU itself but rather the room's poorly designed circuit.

Solution