Question Random PC freezes requiring me to press the power button for a few seconds to shutdown my pc

Ferson

Prominent
Jul 31, 2021
Basically my prebuilt PC worked fine for 2 years since the last freezing issue and nothing has changed in the System except that I changed my thermal paste a few weeks ago. This week my PC started randomly freezing with a horrible buzzing sound. The only way to get the device out of this state is to do a hard reboot. This issue occurs at random times and seems to not be bound to any application whatsoever. The first time it crashed during a game with a black screen and the buzzing sound and today it froze while showing a frozen screen with the same sound. A few days before I got a bluescreen with some IRQL error.
Specs:
CPU- Intel I59400f
GPU- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
SSD- Western Digital wdc pc sn520 sdapnuw-512g-1014
PSU- LiteOn PS 7501-5
I appreciate any help!

Jun 26, 2023
My suggestion is to make a "Windows To Go" USB drive, or other clean USB drive OS, and then enter the OS, wait for a few hours, and observe whether the blue screen occurs, if not, it means that the current OS is causing the blue screen, you can try to restore or reinstall the OS.