Question Random reboots mostly when gaming ?

Jun 7, 2022
Desktop PC Specs:
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570s MAX EDGE WIFI
GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 3060
CPU: RYZEN 5 5600x w/ Noctua NH-U12S redux
RAM: (2x8Gb) 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3600MHZ
PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova GT

Random reboots (during gaming mostly), RGB does not go off, no BSOD, event viwerr Kerner Power error 41. Not overheating problem, temps dont go over 64C

I have tried switching MOBO and PSU (previously a Corsair RM750X) but problem still persists.

Computer Type: Desktop
GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 3060
CPU: RYZEN 5 5600x w/ Noctua NH-U12S redux
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570s MAX EDGE WIFI
RAM: (2x8Gb) 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3600MHZ
PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova GT

Random reboots (during gaming mostly), RGB does not go off, no BSOD, event viwerr Kerner Power error 41. Not overheating problem, temps dont go over 64C

I have tried switching MOBO and PSU (Preaviosuly Corsair RM750X) problem still persists.
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot if it was turned on by default, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. Look up in Control Panel Uninstall a Program, find AMD Chipset Software, if its already version 4.03.03, then you're good to go.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Jun 22, 2022
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot if it was turned on by default, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. Look up in Control Panel Uninstall a Program, find AMD Chipset Software, if its already version 4.03.03, then you're good to go.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
hi so sorry to jump on this thread, but I'm having similar issues but with a RX 580, only thing I've done at the moment is swap out my old EVGA 500W2 PSU for the the corsair CX750M so it is brand new but still problem persists.

Tried removing drivers, reinstalling them, tried DDU also, removed AMD Motherboard drivers, reinstalled them...I'm at a loss.

I had an old GTX 660 before getting the RX 580 and had no issues at all with games or heavy loads so i thought right away its the RX 580, until I started stress testing the PSU again after 1 min system restarts itself also happens when stress test GPU using OCCT.

Any help would be really appreciated :)

PC Specs:
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 8gb OC Edition (Polaris)
CPU: RYZEN 5 4600 3.5
Motherboard: MSI A520M -A PRO
RAM: (2x8Gb) 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200MHZ
PSU: CORSAIR CX750M (Semi Modular)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
hi so sorry to jump on this thread, but I'm having similar issues but with a RX 580, only thing I've done at the moment is swap out my old EVGA 500W2 PSU for the the corsair CX750M so it is brand new but still problem persists.

Tried removing drivers, reinstalling them, tried DDU also, removed AMD Motherboard drivers, reinstalled them...I'm at a loss.

I had an old GTX 660 before getting the RX 580 and had no issues at all with games or heavy loads so i thought right away its the RX 580, until I started stress testing the PSU again after 1 min system restarts itself also happens when stress test GPU using OCCT.

PC Specs:
Make your own thread,

https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/systems.7/post-thread

don't hijack another one even if it looks like someone else might has abandoned it.

Jun 22, 2022

PC Specs:

AND FTHOSE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE, RUN A SEPERATE PCIE CABLE TO THE GPU INSTEAD OF USING THE DAISY CHAIN INGLE CABLE, ESSENTIALLY USING 2 LANES, HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS

Reactions: Koekieezz