Question Random reboots

Dec 19, 2022
Hey all,
though id jump on here to ask a quick question about a small issue I have been enduring for awhile now. when i play graphically intensive games my pc tends to randomly reboot with the screen turing black stating no signal, and the diagnostic lights begin the starup sequence as if i turned the pc on again. i have checked event viewer for possible issue and the screen shot below shows the frequency and name of the error occuring at the time of reboot. somtimes everything freezes before it occurs, somtimes it is sudden. and i can occur when i have just booted the pc up, which also leads to the very rare bsod. or during games but specifically occurs in rdr2. any suggestions as i do belive it is the psu but not sure how to check. ps. i have confirmed that it is not an overheating issue and that i have two monitors and the second output heads to a reciver first then to the mointor which is the cause of black flahses when freshly booted. specs listed below aswell as screenshot, just wanted to be thorough.

CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics
GPU- RTX 3080
RAM- 2x DDR4 3200MHz 16GB sticks
PSU - Gigabyte 850W 80+ Gold Power Supply
M.2- smasung 970 evo plus 2tb

image.png

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that Gigabyte PSU?

Condition: original to build, new, refurbished, used? History of heavy gaming use - correct?

PSU could be nearing or at its' designed in EOL (End of Life).

Do you see a similar pattern of errors in Reliability History?

My thought is that rdr2 is likely creating some peak power demand requirements that the PSU simply cannot fulfill.

All okay until some wattage threshold requirement is hit and then crashes.

I.e., at Wattage X then all okay. At wattage X + 1 then not okay & crash.