Aug 12, 2024
i Built my pc a little over 1 year ago and all parts are brand new except for the ram which is 1 year older. At the beginning of this year my pc started randomly rebooting, no crash report, just black screen then pc back on in seconds. I ignored it till now since about 3 months agos it happens almost every day and now happens every 2 hours or so.

I checked my temps, they were fine. I then checked psu and used occt to see it underload(i also checked other parts underload too), it never crashed once underload and i did try to check the voltage of psu to see if it fluctuates a lots but found out i couldn't with my motherboard. And last i did memtest86 on each ram stick and found zero faults. Although when i did remove the ram and put them back in, it did stop the crashing temporary, which is strange. I also did switch to an older stick of ram from a old pc, and like the new ones, the random crashing did stop for about 3 days, but they did return although less then the newer sticks of ram. But at this point im completely confused and dont have spare parts to test other parts and my only guess is my cpu since it is 13th gen, and iv heard about 13th and 14th gen cpus having oxidation issues. I have contacted intel and they did say then would take in my cpu for evaluation.
Also now my monitor is delayed when turning on and have weird white lines flicker across the screen when turning off or on. I also tried to do a fresh reinstall of my gpu drivers, didnt fix it.
Id also like to know if the reseating ram part is significant and point towards what the issue is, as its the only thing iv done which has lowered the amount of crashing!

Specs:Cpu-i5 13400f, Gpu-RTX 4070, Ram-2 sticks of 16 gbs of corsair vengeance ram, psu-Corsair 850xrm,Motherboard-asrock b760 pro rs/d4 (lastest Bios update)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

At the beginning of this year my pc started randomly rebooting, no crash report, just black screen then pc back on in seconds. I ignored it till now since about 3 months agos it happens almost every day and now happens every 2 hours or so.
I would like to think that the oxidation issue is a cause for what you're doing since Intel knew about the issue until it came to light by sleuths like Steve from GamersNexus.

Motherboard-asrock b760 pro rs/d4 (lastest Bios update)
This is where you state what BIOS version you're on at this moment. Did you clear the CMOS after verifying you BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

How old is the PSU?

Aug 12, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

At the beginning of this year my pc started randomly rebooting, no crash report, just black screen then pc back on in seconds. I ignored it till now since about 3 months agos it happens almost every day and now happens every 2 hours or so.
I would like to think that the oxidation issue is a cause for what you're doing since Intel knew about the issue until it came to light by sleuths like Steve from GamersNexus.

Motherboard-asrock b760 pro rs/d4 (lastest Bios update)
This is where you state what BIOS version you're on at this moment. Did you clear the CMOS after verifying you BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

How old is the PSU?
Oh sorry, My motherboard is on 9.04( i just checked and found out a new bio update came out for my mother board on the 9th, so will update to that soon), and no i haven't cleared cmos.

Psu is about a year old, bought it the day of my last computer science exam in may or june