[SOLVED] Random restarts while on games

Jan 3, 2022
My pc randomly restarts when I’m playing games like Valorant, this problem has occurred in the past and I fixed it somehow by reapplying thermal paste, but it stopped working again 2 weeks later.
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
GPU: GTX 1650 4gb
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard:MSI B450 gaming plus max
PSU:Thermaltake smart 500w 80+

Solution
What are the cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming?

That said I’d say a psu problem is more likely. It’s a low quality unit and although that system doesn’t need a lot of power I do think your description better suits a psu issue.

Rebooting from overheating has to be really extreme overheating and you would normally experience performance issues first as the system thermal throttles prior to rebooting.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Issues like this are often heat and/or power related. What is the exact model number of your PSU (on label on side of PSU itself)?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)? If so, stop and revert back to stock speeds.

Make sure Windows and all of your major drivers are up to date (motherboard chipset, video, network).

What are the cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming?

That said I’d say a psu problem is more likely. It’s a low quality unit and although that system doesn’t need a lot of power I do think your description better suits a psu issue.

Rebooting from overheating has to be really extreme overheating and you would normally experience performance issues first as the system thermal throttles prior to rebooting.

Solution