Question Random shutdowns

JingLegend

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
So my PC has been randomly turning off for a month now. I know the issue is probably the motherboard or PSU but I need to know which one it is because I can't afford to buy both right now. Or it could be something completely different.
I've done stress test like Cinebench, Prime95, MemTest, and FurMark and while doing these tests for a few hours the PC stays on with no problems with my CPU temps reaching 80 max. Oddly enough the random shutdowns only happen when I'm doing light loaded work like browsing, using applications like Word or PowerPoint. When I'm playing games it doesn't turn off. Even when I'm editing and rendering videos it also doesn't turn off. The work around that I currently do is have Valorant opened in the background and it actually works.
When it shuts down the display turns off, both my keyboard and mouse lose power but the case fans and CPU fan still spin, and RAM rgb is still on as well. However, one fan that is connected directly to the motherboard is off. (I have my other fans plugged in via molex and those still run). The only way I can turn the PC on is by forcing it to shut down using the power button and turning it on again.
Also, this started to happen on the same day my new wireless mouse arrived and I started using it, not sure if this could've caused it.

Gigabyte B450M S2H
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Kingston Fury
RX 560
FSP HYDRO K 700W

Lutfij

Titan
16GB Kingston Fury
Got a link to the ram kit?

Gigabyte B450M S2H
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at this moment of time?

FSP HYDRO K 700W
How old is he PSU in your build?

I need to know which one it is because I can't afford to buy both right now
You might want to borrow a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns one with at least 550W of power at your entire system's disposal.

So my PC has been randomly turning off for a month now. I know the issue is probably the motherboard or PSU but I need to know which one it is because I can't afford to buy both right now. Or it could be something completely different.
I've done stress test like Cinebench, Prime95, MemTest, and FurMark and while doing these tests for a few hours the PC stays on with no problems with my CPU temps reaching 80 max. Oddly enough the random shutdowns only happen when I'm doing light loaded work like browsing, using applications like Word or PowerPoint. When I'm playing games it doesn't turn off. Even when I'm editing and rendering videos it also doesn't turn off. The work around that I currently do is have Valorant opened in the background and it actually works.
When it shuts down the display turns off, both my keyboard and mouse lose power but the case fans and CPU fan still spin, and RAM rgb is still on as well. However, one fan that is connected directly to the motherboard is off. (I have my other fans plugged in via molex and those still run). The only way I can turn the PC on is by forcing it to shut down using the power button and turning it on again.
Also, this started to happen on the same day my new wireless mouse arrived and I started using it, not sure if this could've caused it.

Gigabyte B450M S2H
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Kingston Fury
RX 560
FSP HYDRO K 700W
Test with the old mouse see if it makes a diff.