Question Random Stuttering in FFXIV

Mar 10, 2022
Hi, good afternoon! As the post title says, since around a week or two ago or so I've been having stuttering issues with FFXIV, where just running around makes the fps drop down to around 15 or so for a few seconds and then it goes back up to normal, but it's slowly been getting worse, and sometimes the stuttering happens back-to-back. I've tried just about anything I can think of, from lowering the graphics to the absolute minimum, to closing everything else but the game itself. Disconnecting peripherals, controllers, everything, but nothing has changed. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, uninstalling other applications that I thought might have been causing issues and closing most services and things running in the background, updating the OS and my graphic drivers, so I'm really drawing a blank here. Previously, I had no such issues whatsoever. The one thing I've noticed is that the GPU usage suddenly spikes from around ~30% to 100% repeatedly, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. I've had the laptop for around 3 years now, and haven't cleaned it (because I don't want to accidentally rip something off or so when removing the bottom lid), or replaced the thermal paste and the likes, could that be causing this sort of stuttering? Or maybe something inside is loose, a ram stick perhaps? To be clear, I haven't noticed these issues in -any- other games or programs, other than perhaps League suddenly turning into a green/magenta/other colors pixelated mess where I have to tab out and then back in a few times for it to get fixed. The one thing I haven't tried so far is formatting the PC and trying to install it without anything else on the PC, but going with the League issue I did that once and it didn't fix it at all.

My Laptop's specs are:
GPU 1660Ti
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
RAM 16GB