Question Random white flash issue on Corsair H100i Elite Capellix ?

Feb 5, 2023
Hello People,

Name is Neph. I have very recently added a Corsair H100i Elite Capellix to my build. Performance-wise, there are no issues at all. It purrs like a kitten, cools like the north wind. However, ever since I installed it on the 1st of February, the pump flashes white at random intervals (sometimes twice in 1 minute, sometimes once in 10 minutes, etc.). I have mild sensitivity toward sudden flashes, so it bugs me a lot. Here is the checklist I have gone through so far to identify the problem:
  • I have double-checked iCUE lighting settings to confirm that it is not caused by a lighting pattern problem.
  • I have verified that there is no conflict between my RGB management apps.
  • I have tried different cooling presets to confirm that it is not some sort of cooling error response.
  • I have checked and confirmed the pump tach wire's integrity and its connection to the CPU_FAN header.
  • I have checked and confirmed that the RGB cables are properly plugged into the Command Core.
Once again, the cooling factor seems to be absolutely fine. The only issue is with the RGB. I could not find any other threads on the same problem anywhere online. If anyone here could assist in identifying and solving the matter, I would be truly grateful. Below are my PC's specs in case it may be of some use.
  • Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360-A D-RGB ATX Mid-Tower (+ 1 extra Phanteks SK120 D-RGB PWM exhaust fan)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite Ax V2
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Elite Capellix 240mm AIO
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
  • GPU: Asrock 6800XT Taichi X
  • SSD: Kioxia Exceria Plus G2 1 TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM850 Full Modular 80+ Gold

Hello People,

Name is Neph. I have very recently added a Corsair H100i Elite Capellix to my build. Performance-wise, there are no issues at all. It purrs like a kitten, cools like the north wind. However, ever since I installed it on the 1st of February, the pump flashes white at random intervals (sometimes twice in 1 minute, sometimes once in 10 minutes, etc.). I have mild sensitivity toward sudden flashes, so it bugs me a lot. Here is the checklist I have gone through so far to identify the problem:
  • I have double-checked iCUE lighting settings to confirm that it is not caused by a lighting pattern problem.
  • I have verified that there is no conflict between my RGB management apps.
  • I have tried different cooling presets to confirm that it is not some sort of cooling error response.
  • I have checked and confirmed the pump tach wire's integrity and its connection to the CPU_FAN header.
  • I have checked and confirmed that the RGB cables are properly plugged into the Command Core.
Once again, the cooling factor seems to be absolutely fine. The only issue is with the RGB. I could not find any other threads on the same problem anywhere online. If anyone here could assist in identifying and solving the matter, I would be truly grateful. Below are my PC's specs in case it may be of some use.
  • Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360-A D-RGB ATX Mid-Tower (+ 1 extra Phanteks SK120 D-RGB PWM exhaust fan)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite Ax V2
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Elite Capellix 240mm AIO
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
  • GPU: Asrock 6800XT Taichi X
  • SSD: Kioxia Exceria Plus G2 1 TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM850 Full Modular 80+ Gold
Is the RGB controller on a external switch, or hard wired to the mobo?