[SOLVED] raspberries pi remote access

crazypicklerick

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
hey i have a main system with 3700x and msi x570 gaming plus

i want to control it remotely

full control even hardware elements like power, network, and even software elements like video/ audio/input
even when os not booted( bios and bootloader access too)

i was wondering how to do that with raspberry pie that could be always on

ps

i have a dual boot config with win 10 and mac os (hackintosh)

Solution
Hardware control no big problems.
Making them remotely controlled adds some complexity.

Controlling the firmware/BIOS is an issue, as there is no network connection enabled to communicate with during BIOS setup mode.
Hence some kind of graphics grabber converting to a network client to get the BIOS monitor displayed remotely.
Quite complex to say the least.
Adding remote control to this is not necessary, as this setup would already be networking once started.

Remote control of OS is already installed under Windows, as you can set it up to be controlled remotely via a logon session from another PC.
Dont try this unless you know exactly what you are doing.
RPi won't help you a lot there with software problems. You can make it remote-controller power outlet which can power on / off your router or PC (but how you'll control it if there's no network), but you need some very serious hardware if you want to be able to go remotely into BIOS.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Hardware control no big problems.
Making them remotely controlled adds some complexity.

Controlling the firmware/BIOS is an issue, as there is no network connection enabled to communicate with during BIOS setup mode.
Hence some kind of graphics grabber converting to a network client to get the BIOS monitor displayed remotely.
Quite complex to say the least.
Adding remote control to this is not necessary, as this setup would already be networking once started.

Remote control of OS is already installed under Windows, as you can set it up to be controlled remotely via a logon session from another PC.
Dont try this unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Solution