[SOLVED] Rattling PSU

Aug 2, 2021
I have a thermaltake smart bx1 rgb 650 PSU that rattles sometimes when my pc starts or after some time of me playing games n my pc.Is it the fan?Should I be worried?

Solution
Then I'd still be worried, especially if the build quality means stuff has started to rattle. It means poor components and quality control.

Look, when you have hardware you value, you also need to factor in the costs of a power supply that will protect that hardware. Do you have a budget to get a better one? If so, do it.
I have a thermaltake smart bx1 rgb 650 PSU that rattles sometimes when my pc starts or after some time of me playing games n my pc.Is it the fan?Should I be worried?

Stop the fan with a Q-tip or eraser end of a pencil. Does the sound stop? Then it's the fan.

Regardless of the rattling, you have a Thermaltake Smart power supply. By definition, you should be worried.

This is quoted for truth. Ironically, despite being called "smart", this particular PSU is not a "smart choice".

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Then I'd still be worried, especially if the build quality means stuff has started to rattle. It means poor components and quality control.

Look, when you have hardware you value, you also need to factor in the costs of a power supply that will protect that hardware. Do you have a budget to get a better one? If so, do it.

Solution