Question Razer core x compatibility issues with Acer S13-371T

Feb 17, 2019
Okay so I’ve recently bought a razer core x, after reviewing that it is compatible with any laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 and windows 10. The laptop was detecting the Razer core x but not the gpu itself (gtx 1050ti oc edition). I downloaded nvidia drivers and it couldn’t continue with the driver installation because it wasn’t detecting any gpu! Which led me to think that there must be something with the thunderbolt 3 driver.. long story short I contacted Razer and Acer and it happens to be that Acer doesn’t support this kind egpu because Acer doesn’t have a supportable thunderbolt 3 driver????? Like I was told to go on Acer support to download bios and firmware and drivers but with my specific laptop it doesn’t have a thunderbolt driver support thing to download? Pretty confused as to why it wouldn’t have a thunderbolt driver to install because my laptop does have a Thunderbolt 3 port.... question is, would there be a way for the Razer to work on my laptop, since there is a thunderbolt 3 driver? Even if I had to take apart my whole laptop I’d happily do so but I’m sure I wouldn’t have to go that far.. maybe somehow to just force install a thunderbolt driver so it can read the egpu?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019
Note: my laptop is in at a tech store and they said they couldn’t figure out why it’s not detecting the gpu (simply because acer doesn’t have a ????SUPPORTABLE THUNDERBOLT 3 DRIVER WHEN I HAVE A THUNDERBOLT 3 DRIVER)????...he’s sending it off to someone who specializes in this sorta stuff and hopefully they can fix it but tbh it’s a really annoying thing to think about.. (when I plug in the razer it says something like “this device has limited functionality” and when I try to install nvidia drivers it just won’t continue with installation. Device manager in universal remote tab???? Or something like that the Razer core x is in that tab, sorry I’ll have to check when I get my laptop back. Also when I look in hard drive adapter in device manager or something it’s supposed to come up with the GPU but nothing.)

Last edited: