Razer Details Its Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
gotta say, it looks interesting and hi-tech no doubt about it. also has some great specs and sounds like one helluva mouse. however, I am not a fan of the Synapse 2.0 software so far. maybe by the end of the year it will be much better.

and I just gotta say this to, Razer mouses/mice are sure a tad pricey lately. I got a Guild Wars Death Adder for less than $50 way back and even a regular Death Adder on sale once for less than $30 at a local B&M store. now those were deals and are still some great Razer mouses (mice?).

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
The worst thing about it being a R.A.T. rip-off is that the R.A.T. is too modular for it's own good. Having played around with one all of the gaps and edges make it very uncomfortable after some time with it, and the edges of this mouse don't seem any better looking.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Owned 3 Razer products in the past and all three died within a year of purchase. Terrible quality and absolutely terrible customer support. Logitech has been where it is at.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I've had 3 razers 2 diamondbacks one is still being used 5 years after purchase by my wife, the other had the soldering wear out by usb cord which i believe is repairable but as i am bad at soldering i just bought a razer naga been using for over a year no complaints with thier quality from me. this looks interesting might let the wife check it out see if she wants one to upgrade hers but when my naga bites it or reaches half a decade this will be on the possible replacement list

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
"To that end, Razer's tea of ergonomic scientists..."
There's an ergonomic scientists tea? Sounds like my cup of tea.
^See what I did thar?

This mouse did everything right except for the wireless part. I remember my logitec "Universes most technilogically advanced mouse!" which lagged every so often when I needed it to just work like a regular mouse did. 1ms response time maybe, but flawless software hardware interface for a wireless system? Doesn't exist.

[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]Owned 3 Razer products in the past and all three died within a year of purchase. Terrible quality and absolutely terrible customer support. Logitech has been where it is at.[/citation]
I remember my Razor Lycosa keyboard fiasco. 1 month of use, and that thing was on its last legs. 70 dollars spent on a POS. Microsoft sidewinder x4 is 4 times the keyboard for 30 dollars. 1 year and it still works flawlessly.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Ouroboros? I wonder if the Razer Marketing department has been playing Strider Hiryu in the Marvel vs. Capcom fighting games?....

paulemannsen

Honorable
May 10, 2012
as much as i liked the shape and performance of the diamondback, 4 of them died on me. and like stingstang i was part of the lycosa fiasco too. terrible quality, no razer anymore for me.

nullifi

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I didn't realize there was a Lycosa fiasco. I won one once, it had 3 keys stop working on it within 3 months. I couldn't RMA it because they said I didn't buy it, so it won't qualify for warranty. I wasn't a fan of Razer a the time (I think their mice are very uncomfortable compared to Logitech) so I just moved back to a Logitech keyboard.

Also, did this site just eat my comment? I typed it out, clicked submit, logged in, and was returned with no comment showing up. Argh.

G

[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom] 1 year and it still works flawlessly.[/citation]

model m. 21 years and counting. . .

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]"To that end, Razer's tea of ergonomic scientists..."There's an ergonomic scientists tea? Sounds like my cup of tea.^See what I did thar?[citation]

The Ergonomic Scientist Tea is made special from Mad Catz using some method popular by hipsters.

@Smarter 4G just means fourth generation. It can be applied to anything and is not specific to Cellular phones. As for the braided fiber cable, it doesn't actually use "fiber optics" cable, it's just the cable is braided in a fiber.

This does look a lot like the RAT 9 though - which was a great mouse when I had it, but came across bad problems with the mouse itself.

I just wish companies would make a mouse that can take a beating - make it out of aluminum or something instead of this hard plastic they use. For 140$ I would expect the mouse to be made of aluminum. Heck - it would be easily recyclable then.

G

I have a steelseries Sensei, way better mouse. After a year, the finishing is still complete new. And yes, I have owned Racer copperhead, lachesis, imperator and orochi.

onichikun

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I have tried quite a few Razer products, most of which have ended in dissapointment. Razer products look amazing, they feel amazing... but their build quality is sub-par and ends up wearing out relatively quickly. They also are terrible with software and drivers. Not to mention their "customer support" is practically nil.

I would like to believe this new mouse is everything they claim it to be, but I won't be buying another Razer product anytime soon due to past experience.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
fucking sick of every product having the same price in euros as in dollars whats the use of the conversion rate if you are just going change the dollar sign to euro...

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]Owned 3 Razer products in the past and all three died within a year of purchase. Terrible quality and absolutely terrible customer support. Logitech has been where it is at.[/citation]

I've also had 2 mice go bad within less than a 6 month time frame. I have the Lycosa Keyboard, that thing works great. I haven't bought a mouse from Razer since.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I have a Logitech G700 and although the mouse is good, it's really too small. I wish companies made bigger mice. They could totally use that as a marketing strategy. I can't seriously be the only one out there who feels that most of the mice out there are too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.