Question Razer Electra V2 USB Randomly Stoppes working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiroTheWolf

Reputable
Jun 4, 2019
So here is my problem:
-Was playing BF4 when my headset sound randomly stopped working, I thought it was normal and just unplugged it and plugged it into another USB port.
That didn't fix the issue, so i tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling software for the headset, no luck either.
So I did what anyone would do and hard factory reset the pc, trying every USB port on my case and motherboard.
No luck with that either.
Then I went into my bios and tried screwin' around with the usb settings, none of them worked so I reset them to factory and saved changes to exit back to the OS.
Still didnt fix anything.
Im pondering just throwing this nightmare in the garbage and buying an old fashioned jack plug-in headset, this one has given me so much sh*t

Here are my specs:
MB: MSI B450m Gaming Plus
RAM: 16GB Aegis DDR4
Hard drives: 1xSSD Kingston 520GB & 1xHDD Western Digital 1TB
Peripherals: Razer electra v2 USB, msi interceptor DS200 mouse and keyboard (both same DS200)
Monitors: 32' RCA t.v, Samsung 24"
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x @ 3.25GHz
GPU: AMD Rx560 4GB

Can you try them on a different PC? From what you have done already my guess is either the cable has broken or the USB dongle/soundcard has died.

Ive not tried that headset but the Razer headsets I have owned or used have all been disappointing sound quality and their sub £200 have been poor build quality in my experience. I’d avoid Razer for headphones.

Reactions: ShiroTheWolf

ShiroTheWolf

Reputable
Jun 4, 2019
Can you try them on a different PC? From what you have done already my guess is either the cable has broken or the USB dongle/soundcard has died.

Ive not tried that headset but the Razer headsets I have owned or used have all been disappointing sound quality and their sub £200 have been poor build quality in my experience. I’d avoid Razer for headphones.
Sadly I dont have another pc to try it on, but i believe you when you say razer sucks.
when I plug it in though, the lights still come on and the pc acknowledges that is plugged in but it has a different name and wont update.
So i think the cord works, i hope its not my pc...
also thank you for the fast reply dude!

Sadly I dont have another pc to try it on, but i believe you when you say razer sucks.
when I plug it in though, the lights still come on and the pc acknowledges that is plugged in but it has a different name and wont update.
So i think the cord works, i hope its not my pc...
also thank you for the fast reply dude!
From your description I doubt it’s your pc. Do other usb devices work, keyboard & mouse I am guessing are usb? That usb has some type of soundcard built in, my guess is it died which has allowed the pc to still see a connected usb device but the soundcard part is not working.

ShiroTheWolf

Reputable
Jun 4, 2019
From your description I doubt it’s your pc. Do other usb devices work, keyboard & mouse I am guessing are usb? That usb has some type of soundcard built in, my guess is it died which has allowed the pc to still see a connected usb device but the soundcard part is not working.
Ahhhh that would make sense since it just abruptly died.
and yes every usb port works fine with everything else
so i guess its kaput?

Ahhhh that would make sense since it just abruptly died.
and yes every usb port works fine with everything else
so i guess its kaput?
At this point if it was me I’d buy a new headset.

I have not received it yet but I have ordered this USB headset and am waiting for it to arrive. They seem to get good reviews for their price and had good discounts recently in the UK. Not as high end as other headsets I have but I specifically wanted a usb set.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...adsets/void-pro-usb-config-eu/p/CA-9011154-EU

ShiroTheWolf

Reputable
Jun 4, 2019
At this point if it was me I’d buy a new headset.

I have not received it yet but I have ordered this USB headset and am waiting for it to arrive. They seem to get good reviews for their price and had good discounts recently in the UK. Not as high end as other headsets I have but I specifically wanted a usb set.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...adsets/void-pro-usb-config-eu/p/CA-9011154-EU
Thanks for the help mate, I'm gonna just buy a new headset, never razer again haha
pieces of junk, legit.
Thanks again and have a good one friend

Reactions: sizzling
Feb 6, 2020
Hi, i had the same headset as you do. The sound would stop working a lot of times, after the headset taking 70% of my CPU (i have an i7 9700k) I contacted razer. And after one month of talking to them they could not figure out what was wrong, I did all kinds of thing to try and solve it. They said that the fault did not happen very often, i decided to do i little of research and it turns out A loooot! of people also had a fault with theirs, and that it had been happening since the headset came out. But razer did not give a flying crap about it. Good thing was that the store I bought it from still let me return it.

If you have not yet bought new headset I recommend razer Kraken te edition, despite razer being so bad, there are really good with super soft ear cushions

Status
Not open for further replies.