Razer Lycosa Keyboard Defective; Replace Yours

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got a 'new batch' Lycosa (mirror) keyboard,
and have all the problems listed here.

Light flashes sometimes, keys don't work, the touch pad is either nonfunctional or behaving strange.
And my serial starts with MT0908, and shouldnt be affected...Still, it is.

Now i'm trying to get a refund from the store and will probably buy another brand.
A shame though, since i've been looking for a keyboard with backlighting and without all the fancy extra keys....and the lycosa looked like the perfect keyboard to buy.

illestpariah

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I just purchased a Lycosa and the Serial number doesn't fall under the ones listed. I think this is a bigger issue than they think.

G

Same here, mine is mt1002 and still pop ups Media Player randomly as well as deciding for itself if the light should be on or off.
Got a coin on the pad atm. It's real embarrassing that Razer says this is not a problem anymore. I'm probably gonna change brand of my keyboard when I get tired enough and I will be sure to let everyone I know that Razer is no good.

worldofwarcraft

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
MT1044 here and it seems that at random keys would repeat on there own and some just stop working all together until I would restart the computer. I am not sure I even want to go through the trouble of dealing with these people who have been selling this crap since atleast 2007 with no sign of a perfected product.

heuster

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
am tryng to type wth my lycosa rght now, but my "eye" key has stopped workng. Called t nto Razer...startng an RMA, but they can't tell me that a replacement s gong to fx t. WOW. 'm tred of havng to unplug my keyboard from the USB port all the tme. RETARDED.

heuster

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]I have a lycosa mirror and my touchpad media keys are a pain as they randomly freak out and skip through all my songs and open the media player without me telling it too. There's also the most annoying problem, and that is that the keys just freeze. I'll be typing, and a random letter will just stop doing anything, or if I'm ingame, one of my WASD keys has a habit of freaking out aswell, it's usually D, so i end up running to my right untill i restart my machine which is really not what i payed £70 for.[/citation]

Dude, read the comments. I several user here have MT1... S/N keyboards that till have iue (wow, my "ezz" ey and "cay" ey jut topped woring). Thi i rediculou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heuster

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Glen Frick[/nom]Any customer who is having any type of trouble with a Lycosa should contact Razer Support. Razer Support will be happy to assist you and make sure your problem is taken care of. To reach Razer Support go to www.razersupport.com. Once there, click on the technical support icon. You can then see a list of our products and their associated FAQs. If you cannot find your answer in the FAQs, you will find links to contact support at the bottom of each of the FAQs. Please note that many Lycosa serial numbers will start with MT084 and the vast majority of them should not have any problems.[/citation]

My former quote on thi wa for you....and my "ezz" ey till doen't wor.

G

For gamers, by gamers. If they are gamers, I think they just want to win by making the game harder for us. I am not sure what my serial number is until I get home, but I have the windows media problem. Bought mine in March 2011.

G

Same problem with mine. Bought a lycosa mirror last november and after that my WMP keeps popping up. After a week some of the keys are not working so i thought its just random so i keep restarting my pc (XP Pro 32bit). Even when i changed the WMP to Winamp(not installed) in the configurator, WMP is still popping up. So i emailed support and reported the matter (i wrote the email with some of the letters missing as the keyboard is having a problem at that time) and they exchanged my Lycosa after 3 weeks.

Now im using it in my 64bit win7 but the WMP still pops up but not frequently. Maybe once a week even though its winamp in the configurator. Such a big disappointment.

G

i just got one of these yesterday. new batch, different serial number. same problems. going back in one hour. how do they stay in business?

laggin

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Wow, it took me almost 18 days to find out what was going on with my computer - then I finally found this article. Every problem the keyboard brings to the table, I have. I promptly put in a ticket for a new keyboard, and was told A) I cannot get a refund (keyboard is 19 days old), and B) I will be getting a refurbed keyboard in exchange. I was ticked of course. I buy something that never worked from day one, and I get a used, refurbed keyboard in exhange? I call that shoddy business. I'm furios. So, I decided to email them back. Here's the respone:

Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support-us@razersupport.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Mailbox quota exceeded (state 14).

Where does this ride get off? I want off . . .

actomo

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I have a Lycosa keyboard for 2-3 years and hardly even use it but the keys just turns sticky. I only used it for less than 10 times. Emailed to Razer and they replied that it's out of warranty. This is craps as it's clearly inferior product and their faults.
Don't ever buy Razer product again.

JTP709

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I just bought one of these, had these issues, replaced it at Best Buy, and am still having ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS. I have model MT1111 btw. I love Razer Products, I have their mouse and headphones, but DON't BUY THIS KEYBOARD!

G

I checked the serial on the back of the keyboard (MT0949018100768) i bought this keyboard back in 2010, and i have been having an increased downtime, due to the buttons sticking, personally, i will NEVER recommend this keyboard to anyone i know, and i am currently in the market for the G510 or the new G19...

G

same had my lycosa for just over two years a few keys sticking which is bad but its the fact the paint has rubbed off alot of the keys so i just see blue lights that really ticks me off because its 2 years old i should expect this razer have told me,,il stick this reply on many forums as i can

.....Hello,

James, this could happen after normal usage of the product. If you reported this issue at all while you were in the warranty period you would be covered. Thank you.

Your customer number is 400711441
Please refer to case #:: 401770395 if you have any further questions.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.razerzone.com. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
Yusuf S. at Razer Technical Support
support-uk@razersupport.com

G

Tw f my keys radmly stpped wrkig tday. Ca yu guess which es? This has happeed a few times, always with differet letters. Very frustratig.

G

Just purchased mine from Best Buy and after updating the drivers and software I have experienced a BSOD and when I logged in to World of Warcraft my toon kept spinning and then kept running forward and then got stuck running backwards. I logged out and then back in and the keyboard did not work. Exited the game and all the icons on my desktop that began with the letter 'S' were scrolling through being highlighted. I went to shut down my computer and after pressing the Windows key the letter 'S' was repeating itself in the RUN command box.

This pos is getting returned tomorrow!

BTW... My serial number begins with MT1111 so it's defiantely beyond this articles post.

G

I have a Razer Lycosa keyboard. For months I thought my computer had a virus. It would launch a spasticated version of Windows Media Player which kept re-launching itself and locking me out of every other program. Only solution was to restart OR press Shut Down and then "Cancel" After searching through forums such as this, I found that the Razer was the culprit. I have contacted Razer and am currently awaiting a reply. Only problem is I bought it about a year ago and haven't kept my receipt (If I kept a receipt for everything I bought, I would need to hire a secretary to keep track). At this point I hope that Mr Frick looks after me!

ihaterazer

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Is there anywhere people having trouble to get these FAULTY keyboards replaced can go to?

Razer is useless in response to actually getting them replaced. All one gets is a bunch is excuses...

NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE will I buy or recommend someone to buy ANY razer product.

G

Bought the Razer Lycosa for my birthday of august this year.
Fuckin shit acts on its own. Mutes my computer lights turn on and off turns the volume up and down on its own, keys stick, keys repeat, keys dont work. Unplug and Plug it back in isn't worth my time. What a piece of shit. I can't find out how to contact razer about this bullshit either, what the fuck.

Naga Epic works fine though.. fuck this.

G

yeah the MT104s are doing all that crap as well. I have the Razor Lycosa Mirror Special Edition. I would never have bought this keyboard if I had read this article before hand. One day the delete button stuck while typing an essay. THAT was a nice little panic attack. It was lucky the cursor was inside a table or I would have lost the whole thing. It didn't stop until I restarted the computer. And I've had letters stop working heaps of times. Last night it was the H. And The windows media player thing has happened in the past as well.

popof99

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
First of all why is there no phone number to reach them???

Second of all, they agreed to a problem with keyboards in 2007 2008, well I can assure you that I have a MT1111 that since the first day i got it I had the exact same problem with the stuck keys and the keyboard that stops working ramdomly and i have to unplug my keyboard.So if u really want to help me, send me an email at popof777@hotmail.com I'm waiting for a response Glen. Thx in advance!!!

popof99

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
BTW im going to start posting this ALL over the internet so try and get back to me as soon as you can cause im out a 100$ that you stole from me!!!

G

i found their # somewhere or other, i forget where. USA support is 888-697-2037. i had to RMA a deathadder because the scroll wheel started malfunctioning, scrolling when it wanted to after just 2 months of use. i own the arctosa, not the lycosa. zero problems so far. the more complicated the keyboard razer makes, the less reliable it is it seems. arctosa is a bread and butter piece and it works flawlessly. i should also say that my deathadder problem is indeed rare, as i know about 10 people with the mouse that have never experienced my issue with it in over 2 years of ownership.

G

I got one of the later productions MT1049 it is terrible still locks up and they don't know whats wrong with it. This keyboard is not worth the 80 dollars I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.