Razer Lycosa Keyboard Defective; Replace Yours

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ya got one recently...nothing but trouble so far. Go to support at razor and read the FAQ's? What good does this do me? None of them even match the problems we all have with this thing. Lights are totally erradic, keys stick all the time, if I load the actual drivers for the keyboard the thing stops working completely. Win7x64. Will be easier to buy better product and never buy or recommend a razor product again. I just wish I had read this board before buying in the first place. MT11040- Cheers.

G

I just bought a razer lycos and I have the above issue with the Media player opening again and again. I will be returning this keybord............ as it is not in the list of known models with issues. mine starts with MT1146

witchway915

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
I got the mirrored edition Lycosa and am having a similar issue. my keys randomly stop working but only 1 or 2 at a time. If I restart my pc they work fine again for some time then some other random key quits.

I bought mine in Feb 2011 and it's S/N starts with MT1046.

G

i have a lycosa with serialnumber starting at MT11450 and i have the same problems. Stops responding and i have to restart my computer. Blargh!

G

MT120 here and mine too has been playing up.
First day I got it, it locked up after several hours. Then the following day it did it again so I closed razerhid.exe in task manager. Boom. Blue screen. Then a further 4-5 BSoD's in one day.

I removed the Razer software from my PC and it's behaving itself now.

G

I have the initial MT120 myself. I have none of the problems mentioned above. My problem is the lights cycling and flashing. The software, I had no problems with installing it. Best thing to do is download software first from the site and install it prior to plugging in KB. The fingerprint issue most people whine about are not a bother much. It comes with the territory in purchasing items with glossy finishes. Wear rubber gloves if you must if you're that anal. The design and layout of this board is awesome. The problem lies in the craftmanship in putting this thing together is what effs up their reputation. I wouldn't recommend listening to any of the critics for say. Their reviews are solely based on initial inspection and not overall use and gameplay of the product. They're probably only in it for the free products they "tend" to receive for the rave reviews.

G

I just got my Lycosa keyboard June 2012. I have all of these problems!
Lycosa has NOT fixed their problems yet.

slo_mo1010

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Got an MT1214 here, all of the above problems. It was purchased as a christmas gift for me on Nov 24 2012. Mine will go completely dead and i have to pull the plug and plug it back in and it will work for a bit again. This absolutely blowsmy mind seeing the same thing over and over again for like 4 years and Razer has not fixed the problem. Even if they replace this board, i will never by Razer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.