Razer Releases Tiny, Little Portable Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Until you've heard 360 degree sound don't knock it. Years ago I owned very high end, $4000 Ohm F series speakers and they were awesome. Sounded like I was on a sound stage. I don't know the details of the design, if they are at all similar, I, at least would want to hear them before pronouncing judgment.

Most likely will be a Failure. I have yet to hear any speaker that is as portable as headphones have great sound. The closest I can think of a small speaker system that sounds pretty good is Bose sound dock for Ipods and Iphones those are pretty amazing for the sound they have but not what I would call portable and an alternative to headphones.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
I will pick up a pair for my Cowon S9 at the beach. The $5 Piezo set I got from the local electronic shop will be set ablaze at the next campfire.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Yeah... Why. The entire point of headphones is being able to listen to your music wherever you want without driving the world around you insane. Can you use this on a plane? No. Can you use this in a starbucks? No. All standalone speakers are good for is a stationary, private location. So this is pretty much just a piece of useless junk that nobody will ever buy.

Antichrist

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]lashabane[/nom]The title seems a bit redundant.[/citation]
Ha, yeah, tiny AND little?! Maybe it's supposed to say 'tinny,' like you'd expect from small speakers.

Well...
I work a second job on the weekends and with it being a 12hr shift at a helpdesk things get pretty slow sometimes. This means I have time to watch movies and play games but I can't wear headphones because I need to listen for the phone to ring. The laptop speakers would be fine but the room I sit in is right next to the data center/server room. Those servers create so much abient noise that even though there is a wall seperating me from the servers, the room I'm in is too loud to hear my laptop speakers at max volume (depending on what I'm watching [netflix]). Since this was an issue I just brought in this little portable speaker cube. You just fold out the cube for 2 speakers and a headphone jack (it's sold in stores as portable speakers for iPods and other MP3 players [NOT AN iPOD DOCK]) I just plug that into the headphone jack of my laptop. I can get it pretty loud and I don't have to worry about it running out of battery juice because it runs on wall power (or batteries if I want) I'm pretty sure I won't be spending $60 on this when I already have a portable speaker setup. I'm sure it's safe to assume that the audio isn't that much better, if at all. Also, if I wanted a different one, I would just buy another portable MP3 speaker setup because I'm pretty sure I could pay less than $60.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
The title makes a big deal about how these speakers are "tiny, little". But looking at the photo you can't tell if the speakers are 8mm tall or 8 feet tall. Plus, the article makes no mention of the size. Kind of an epic fail on reporting on the one feature that makes the article newsworthy in the first place.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
As much as I like Razer (kind of), I'm going to have to poop on them and let anyone who doesn't already know that there are cheaper alternatives of this readily available for $30 on Amazon called X-Minis that have surprisingly good bass.

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I don't really believe in using speakers. I keep a pair of $5 Altec Lansing speakers at my desk (which can get insanely loud), but whenever I actually care about the quality of what I'm listening to, I put on my studio monitor headphones.

In terms of being on-the-go, speakers are as stupid as walking around with a boombox on your shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.