[SOLVED] Razer Synapse 2 and Razer Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuffz121

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
Hello

I just bought a new Razer Basilisk V2 and when I plugged it into my computer it asked me to install Razer Synapse 3, which I believe also installs Razer central. Everything seems to work fine as the new program recognizes both my new razer mouse and my Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2. However I noticed that there are now two different Razer programs running, one called Razer Synapse and another called Razer Central.

I thought that Razer Central program would replace synapse but I guess not? Additionally, whenever I click on Razer Synapse, it shows me none of my devices are detected. On the other hand when I click on Razer Central it detects and shows both of my devices just fine.

Seeing that Razer Synapse is not detecting anything anymore and assuming that Razer Central essentially does everything that Synapse can but more, is it safe to uninstall Razer Synapse? Or would that affect my devices in anyway even though nothing shows up on Razer Synapse anymore?

I am just a little confused on why there are two programs now that seem redundant.

View: https://imgur.com/a/bUcs1XU

I attached two screenshots just in case I did not explain myself well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Solution
What shows if you click the arrows next to both synapse apps in task manager? does it show similar programs?

The insider link is old, its possible Razer trying to integrate more into synapse now anyway and the central service is just part of it. It might be included in all their software so as to link them together in one place. Most other peripheral makers have integrated everything into one app

Win 10 may have installed Synapse 2 when you plugged in mouse and you may also have Synapse 3 running. Newer one should have removed older one but who knows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
From what I can find, Razer Central just acts as a hub for Synapse, Chroma and Cortex - https://www.razer.com/eu-en/software

Razer Central is the one, that "integrates" all apps in one tray (Synapse, Cortex etc.) and holds your Razer-ID. Razer Cental Service - is the service app, that just run in the background.
https://insider.razer.com/index.php?threads/razer-processes-and-services.30973/

Whereas Synapse is the driver software and offers specific control over hardware.

So it seems you get both now.

Personally, Synapse is reason I don't use Razer, needing 2 apps to run one piece of hardware looks like another reason to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuffz121

Colif

Win 11 Master
What shows if you click the arrows next to both synapse apps in task manager? does it show similar programs?

The insider link is old, its possible Razer trying to integrate more into synapse now anyway and the central service is just part of it. It might be included in all their software so as to link them together in one place. Most other peripheral makers have integrated everything into one app

Win 10 may have installed Synapse 2 when you plugged in mouse and you may also have Synapse 3 running. Newer one should have removed older one but who knows.

Reactions: Stuffz121
Solution

Stuffz121

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016

So I went ahead and uninstalled the old synapse program and my two devices still seem to work just fine. In Razer central, I can also still access Razer synapse and customize my peripherals however I want as before.

So it seems that when I installed Razer Central it also came with a new version of Razer synapse which means I have two redundant program on my PC. I uninstalled the older one and now I only see one Razer Synapse process in task manager. I guess all good now, thanks again!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Similar happened to me when i installed G Hub for Logitech keyboard, it didn't automatically remove Logitech gaming software and it was only after I noticed both in notifications. I made a sticky about that.

They should clean up after themselves. Not expect us to do it :)

Stuffz121

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
Similar happened to me when i installed G Hub for Logitech keyboard, it didn't automatically remove Logitech gaming software and it was only after I noticed both in notifications. I made a sticky about that.

They should clean up after themselves. Not expect us to do it :)
Oh okay gotcha, so probably a bit more prevalent than I thought. Lol I agree, its too bad we got to micromanage some stuff. Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.