Razer to Make a Naga for Lefties After Overwhelming Demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Sounds good, can't wait to see the result!
But who will make left-handed keyboards? :p Using WASD with right hand isn't the most ergonomic thing I can imagine.

akopp21

Jul 21, 2010

Just re-bind those commands to the 4 arrow keys.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]I'm a leftie and I have been using pc mouses with my right hand all my life.[/citation]
Me too, mostly because of the internet cafes from when I was young. It took too much time to drag the mouse to the left side and remap the controls every single fricken time I sat down, so I guess I got used to it.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Thanks Razer!

It might be that only 10% of the world's population is left-hand dominant, but that's still one in every ten, which means a lot of people! Apple can't boast but around half as many PC users. Telling left-handed people they "should just use the mouse in their right hand" is like telling Apple users they "should use a PC" if they want to game (except some left-handed people are so dominant they would have a lot more trouble switching).

Clearly, there are people who don't want to use a PC; clearly, there are many developers that make their game Mac friendly despite that under 6% of the users game on Macs. Just as clearly there are many people that would use a left-handed mouse if they could, even if they've adapted to a right-handed mouse.

I'm one of those left-handed people who has adapted to the right-handed world (but I will say I'm not entirely left-handed and some things, like shooting a gun, I do right-handed) when it comes to interfacing with a computer, and I've been doing it long enough I don't think I'll change my habit, but I feel grateful to Razer for acknowledging and doing something about the issue. I'm tempted to buy one of these just to reward them for their effort.

;)

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
[citation][nom]srap[/nom]Sounds good, can't wait to see the result!But who will make left-handed keyboards? Using WASD with right hand isn't the most ergonomic thing I can imagine.[/citation]
Use PL:" instead. A friend maps his keyboard reversed from defaults in most games for for left-handed gaming.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i have a naga, best mouse i ever had (due to the 12 button pad, i have used better built, but not better function)

and while im... well... lets not go into detail, lets just say having my private time, i use my left hand to navagate... i never had problems with it, as my left ring finger can hit 9 of the buttons effortlessly, but remaining 3 require me to reposition my hand a bit, but same thing with my thumb on my right hand.

never though it was an issue with left handed people, sense im right handed and have very little trouble.

G

First, I am left handed. What will happen is: Yes we want a left handed mouse. We will spend hours talking about the left handed mice and why this that and the other. Then when the mouse is right in front of us, we will shut up, look down, turn around, and walk away. When it's time to pay up, everybody will walk. Why? Because everybody wants to bulls***, but nobody wants to pay. So yes please vote and help Razor lose money on this............Wow.

G

I wonder how many of those 10000 likes were feel good "equality" votes from right handed people, sort of worried that this concept will bomb out big time. I don't personally know any left hand mouse users and certainly don't want one myself, just learnt to use a right handed mouse and saved myself a lifetime of pissing around.

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
[citation][nom]trapper[/nom]Use PL:" instead. A friend maps his keyboard reversed from defaults in most games for for left-handed gaming.[/citation]
Might work usually, but not every game allows re-binding (sometimes can't even find the file in which the player could rewrite it with a text editor or such).

Fortunately I do not have to resort to do this cause I use mouse with right since the beginning (being ambidextrous is goood~) but I think there are users who are troubled with it.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]I'm a leftie and I have been using pc mouses with my right hand all my life.[/citation]
Same here. I would get pwnd in FPS if I used my left hand.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Almost every single razer mouse I've owned that was laser, the pointer jumps. Some more than others. Not only that but their drivers suck.

anttwan

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
sweet.. i cant wait i need a new mouse soon.. oh yeah i'm a rightie that use's the mouse on the left.. i blame my dad who is a leftie who started to use the mouse on the left along time ago :p

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Lefties may be 10% of people (I'm one of them), but I doubt even 10% of lefties use the mouse on the left. I personally have never seen someone do this.

I'm a righty who uses the mouse on the left due to severe RSI in the right. Took a while to be sure, but I game just as well using the left hand as I ever did with the right. Always rebind to the arrow keys. Never seen a game that won't let you rebind the keys.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
The only lefties i have met using a mouse on the left arent gamers, typically corp users.

i use a naga for mmo's, and a select few other games(assassins creed being one)

But it just doesnt compare to my 5 year old g5 for shooters. The way the naga is designed(light and high dpi, not to mention that strange off the pad tracking that can lock horizontal movement if quickly lifted and placed back down) you have to be careful when firing, as the mouse press has a tendency to slightly move the mouse.

And as much as i love the naga, the forward/back buttons are virtually useless if you have big hands.

buddhabelly34

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
[citation][nom]Marcus52[/nom]Thanks Razer!It might be that only 10% of the world's population is left-hand dominant, but that's still one in every ten, which means a lot of people! Apple can't boast but around half as many PC users. Telling left-handed people they "should just use the mouse in their right hand" is like telling Apple users they "should use a PC" if they want to game (except some left-handed people are so dominant they would have a lot more trouble switching).Clearly, there are people who don't want to use a PC; clearly, there are many developers that make their game Mac friendly despite that under 6% of the users game on Macs. Just as clearly there are many people that would use a left-handed mouse if they could, even if they've adapted to a right-handed mouse.I'm one of those left-handed people who has adapted to the right-handed world (but I will say I'm not entirely left-handed and some things, like shooting a gun, I do right-handed) when it comes to interfacing with a computer, and I've been doing it long enough I don't think I'll change my habit, but I feel grateful to Razer for acknowledging and doing something about the issue. I'm tempted to buy one of these just to reward them for their effort.[/citation]
I realize this is arguing past the point, but the issue with making games for Mac is that games are not even made proper for the PC (assuming they are, like 95% of the games out there, console ports) so why would the developer bother wasting even more money getting it right for a market with even less users.

I'll support Mac gaming when Apple stops being evil and PC gamers get their freaking turn at properly optimized games. Until then, anyone that wants to game on a Mac had better realize they paid double for their computer to have half the functionality of mine.

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
[citation][nom]srap[/nom]Might work usually, but not every game allows re-binding (sometimes can't even find the file in which the player could rewrite it with a text editor or such). Fortunately I do not have to resort to do this cause I use mouse with right since the beginning (being ambidextrous is goood~) but I think there are users who are troubled with it.[/citation]
You can remap keys in Windows for instance, which would affect anything that you subsequently ran afterwords. There is still a way to do it, just a bit annoying nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.