Razer Unveils DeathStalker Ultimate Keyboard With Switchblade Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Part of me says "WANT WANT WANT!!" and then the realistic part of me pulls me back to say that I will honestly never use the Switchblade interface on a desktop, no matter how cool it is.

Also... no mechanical keys? Common now...

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Yuck. Keep your scissor switches.

Also, I'm noticing that every company and their dog are coming out with mech/fancy keyboards now. It's gone past the point where it was cool that they were becoming popular to where every kid thinks they needs a LEET MX BLUE GAMING KEYBOARD TO GIVE THEM THE COMPETITIVE EDGE!

I remember only a handful of "Gamer" keyboards in the past and those all seemed to use rubber domes, and would entice people with blinky lights, macro keys, and/or LCD screens. IMO if you're looking for a budget gaming keyboard, grab a CM with reds for 60 bucks and you're good to go.

inerax

Distinguished
I think i like it a bit. But i do not like how much useless key board is from the space bar to the end of the keyboard. I dont like resting my hands on the board. I would rather have a very thin board that ends after the space bar.

thety6on

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I don't understand why Razer keeps marketing their garbage keyboards as "gaming". This one isn't even mechanical and their supposed top rated "gaming" keyboard uses cherry blues. Cherry effin blues.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Although I'd like a keyboard with a trackpad built-in (HTPC keyboard), $250 for this thing is an Apple-style ripoff. Low quality of build, lots of marketing, a high price, and people will only buy it for the name. Razer is on the same level as Monster cables and Apple in my book.

My gaming keyboard = cheap Logitech keyboard. My next one will be, too.

zeek the geek

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Aww, they put their switch blade on the wrong side, how am I supposed to move around and use my mouse as the same time I want to cast skills? Large jump for my left hand..

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
not mechanical keys... well there is strike one
a razor product... there is strike two... where will 3 come from...
250$... well crap strike 3

in all seriousness, i have a use for a keyboard like that, i could customize the 10 lcd keys for various programs, and could probably manage 16-20 hotspots on the touch pad for more keys.

the problem comes in at razor has crappy drivres and software, my naga, something i could use 10-20 profiles for, only allowed me to have 5 at most. i still love the naga design, but now that logitech released a similar mouse, i doubt im going razor again.

than you compound that with no mechanical keys on a 250$ keyboard... ok optomis keyboards i can give a pass to because they are all oled or lcd keys, or lcd ready keys, that is the only keyboard i will give a pass to that is over 50$ but has no mechanical keys.

now for the record, im using a Microsoft alienware branded keyboard i got about 8 years ago and its been used to the point that letters aren't on the keys anymore and the paint has stripped itself because of over use... i know the keyboard was like 40$ new, and i still have it because it works, but if i ever get a new one because this one breaks, mechanical keys are a must.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Since Razer started using the Synapse that requires you to register i haven't touched their new keyboards/mouses that dont have "normal" drivers...

Forced register for a keyboard/mouse driver WTF is wrong with some companys!?

JustAnotherNoob

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
Funny how they already sold THE EXACT SAME KEYBOARD back in January as a "Star Wars: The Old Republic Gaming Keyboard". Same design. Same layout. Same features. Just painted in a different color.

And yet these so called "journalists" report this as news...

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I wonder if it would be cheaper to spend like $60-70 on a decent gaming keyboard with a bunch of macro keys, then take a low cost 7+ inch tablet (they have slower/ lower cost ones for about $129), then make a android app that takes the place of a large LCD that would be on a keyboard.

while it looks nice, it is way overpriced for what you get and the keys would suck for gaming (used those types of keys on laptops and they suck.)

Status
Not open for further replies.