Razer's Leviathan Sound Bar And Subwoofer, Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
ill never understand why "gaming" companies want to try so hard to get into audio too... having used so many "gaming" headphones, in the past (my brothers) and moving to sennheiser for my current headphones, the quality difference is night and day on products that are in the "gaming" price range.

hell, i have an extremely hard time believing these would perform better than klipsch (i think thats how its spelled) 2.1's that are around 150$ when my parents 1000~$ bose setup can't match it.

get your audio from a real audio company
get your keyboards from a good keyboard brand
get your mouse from a solid line of mice

and if something comes out of a gaming company, 99% of the time its pure crap when put by an in price range non gaming companies product.

wtfxxxgp

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
Hmmm... no remote and THAT price? Really? That would just be unacceptable to me. I sort of agree with Alidan, stick to what you're good at. I also struggle to identify with any article regarding sound equipment because "great sound" is so subjective. I maintain that a really decent minimum size for a sub-woofer is 10" - that's the only size that can truly providing an immersive background environment to MY ears. I'm not dissing smaller drivers, many of them sound good for what they are, but to me they will always be inadequate. If I want to be immersed in sound then it needs to be LOUD with zero distortion. I also use sennheiser headphones and they're pretty decent, but my PC is still hooked up to a Z5500 system and my TV to Onkyo or whatever it's called - that is an example of a small sub driver that still produces great "quality" sound but for me, not enough QUANTITY. Each to their own.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

got the same speakers for my computer... when i heard how much better the klipsch were... thats when i understood my mistake. i can probably drive a bit more bass than the klipsch but the speaker quality for non sub leaves allot to be desired.

i should also note, i have a naga, i got it for the macro pad, not for gaming, and i stuck with it because there was no competition at the times warranties were up... i have gone through 7 nagas and this is my 8th that is breaking... like i said, look for a quality line when you get a mouse, not just the company it comes from.

I bought a stellar pair of Definitive Technology Inclines back in October and they're just awesome. I've got them paired with a Definitive Tech Super Cube 2000 sub and let me tell you that it's earth shaking loud... and perfectly clear and distortion free. Yes, I know that not everyone can afford to go with a setup like mine. To that end, if you're serious about high quality audio, you know who to use and who to avoid. That said, while I can understand Razer's attempt to pull more gamers into their fold, gaming audio (or audio in general) is something best left to those who do it for a living. I do love their peripherals, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.