Re-installed windows 7, Ethernet controller wont work

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I formatted and did a complete clean install of windows 7 ultimate 64 bits. I'm unable to connect to the internet via Ethernet cable. I checked device manager and find that I'm missing the Ethernet controller drivers. I tried fixing it in device manager but I have no luck. I went to the motherboard manufacturer's website to download the drivers. I have a Asrock G41M-VS3 motherboard, which has a Atheros PCIEx1 LAN AR8132L. I downloaded the atharos drivers that were listed in for my motherboard on the official website, but now I get the following error when I try to install them '' installer can't find atheros AR81 family Ethernet controller on your system'' How do I know if my computer is recognizing the LAN adaptor? I'm getting so frustrated here

G

The vs2 one started working, weird

Yeah updates are working fine, it seems the problem is somehow related with the drivers skipping the install. I'm having troubles installing the audio drivers now. Noticing that the install goes way to fast. You think it has something to do with my hardware not being compatible with 64 bits?

G

Should I go back to 32 bits?
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20Ghz

Memory(Ram) 4.00gbs

Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS

Motherboard:Asrock G41M-VS3

andtherex

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014

hey man which link of driver actually worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.