real conroe test by victorwang

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
yeah your right - the performance will be even better :D

the benchmarks are more likly valid then not - all of them point to the same performance levels.

Real Conroe test will only come out when the REAL CONROE comes out. Maybe this is right, maybe it's BS--time alone will tell, not theinquirer.net .

endyen

Splendid
He is obviously an AMD fanboy. We have more than enough of the idiot inside croud. I find a little balance always helps.
Gaming benchmarks become floptimized, whenever an intel compiler is used.
My favourite was the deal quack signed with Intel, after the K7 cleaned up in the original Quake. They made it so that Intel chips could use intel's SSE etc, while the AMD chips were stuck with 3Dnow. There was a patch, which made Quack2 run 20% faster on the athlons, which made them run 10% faster than the P4s.
Seems Quack4 is following that tradition.
What games do current intel chips do best at in games?
Any doubt that the other benchmarks run by Anand, are Intel favourites?
You were around for the pre A64/Prescott party. Remeber how everyone was saying AMD sucks, Intel rocks? Just like pre P4.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Fair enough but the AMD idiots are more vocal.

My favourite was the deal quack signed with Intel, after the K7 cleaned up in the original Quake. They made it so that Intel chips could use intel's SSE etc, while the AMD chips were stuck with 3Dnow. There was a patch, which made Quack2 run 20% faster on the athlons, which made them run 10% faster than the P4s.

A valid example but quite old. I was under the impression that Intel compilers were/are somewhat rarely used.

Really?

None?

I'd imagine they picked the ones where they had the biggest lead so the graphs would seem more impressive.

You were around for the pre A64/Prescott party. Remeber how everyone was saying AMD sucks, Intel rocks? Just like pre P4.

Most people were skeptical about both the A64 and the prescott heat claims, rightly so I might add but both were correct.

9-inch so reminds me of popegoldx, though less aggressive.

accord99

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2004
Fair enough but the AMD idiots are vocal.

A valid example but quite old. I was under the impression that Intel compilers were/are somewhat rarely used.
Actually, what probably happened in this situation was that somebody recompiled some of the source code for Q3A, using a newer compiler (wouldn't be suprised if it was Intels) and then claimed that it made the K7 run faster than the P4. What they didn't mention is that the re-compile also made Q3A run faster on the P4.

See near the middle:
http://www.vanshardware.com/news/2003/2003_news.htm

and Van is hardly an Intel fan.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
He is obviously an AMD fanboy. We have more than enough of the idiot inside croud. I find a little balance always helps.
Gaming benchmarks become floptimized, whenever an intel compiler is used.

Perhaps you should check your source on the Quake optimizations deal. ID and Intel had no deal, it was Carmacks decision and his alone to optimize it for the P6 architecture and it just happened that the SSE coding to the engine passed over to Netburst well.

Parrot

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
Besides his point isn't even really valid. Other people have run tests as well and I'm quite certain they're not Intel employees. I also doubt victor wang is as well.

Well, Intel Fanboy, Victor Wang can speak for himself so let's just wait and see what he has to say! Don't worry, I won't insult a Troll by calling you one. :lol:

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Well, Intel Fanboy, Victor Wang can speak for himself so let's just wait and see what he has to say! Don't worry, I won't insult a Troll by calling you one. :lol:
STFU noob, you are smarter when you are quiet!

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
You guys better take a look at yourselves, this sort of Extremism is ruining the world. Bad enough we have to read it in the news and see it on TV, now in here we have AMD and Intel Radical Extremists.
I'm all for packing all Extremist Morons into a ship and launching you all into the Sun.
Let's stick with the technical stuff.

k2000k

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I'll say this again. How much time is there left until the Conroe debut? Assuming a July first introduction, between 6 to 7 weeks. Now, given that they are so close to launch date do you think that they will still be tweaking and testing the Conroe? I don't think so. Right now they are firing on all cylinders mass producing their chips, they have Dell, Levono, HP, and thousands of retail stores that they need to get their products too. They not only have to supply all these markets, but produce enough processors to try and wrest some market share away from AMD to make their 2006 fiscal year look better. I am sure that some of you have considered that perhapes these 'unofficial' tests were allowed to leak by Intel, but have you also thought that maybe the tests we are seeing are of the real Conroe? There is no hard proof to back up that statement, however, such an idea is not totally outlandish. Remember, less than two months left to introduction, coupled by the large hype by Intel, add in the favorable tests that are leaking around the web, and I think that a person can take the tests for what they are.

MasterLee

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Maybe that wasn't for me, I don't bash AMD or Intel, Nvidia or ATI, whatever they do is good for us in the end. People buy what they want (the smart one's) because it suits them, it serves their purpose. How can one be better than the other if it does what you want it to do ?
I come to read the technical stuff, but people are crapping on the floor and it's hard not to step in some.
Extremists of all sorts really suck.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I'll say this again. How much time is there left until the Conroe debut? Assuming a July first introduction, between 6 to 7 weeks. Now, given that they are so close to launch date do you think that they will still be tweaking and testing the Conroe? I don't think so. Right now they are firing on all cylinders mass producing their chips, they have Dell, Levono, HP, and thousands of retail stores that they need to get their products too. They not only have to supply all these markets, but produce enough processors to try and wrest some market share away from AMD to make their 2006 fiscal year look better. I am sure that some of you have considered that perhapes these 'unofficial' tests were allowed to leak by Intel, but have you also thought that maybe the tests we are seeing are of the real Conroe? There is no hard proof to back up that statement, however, such an idea is not totally outlandish. Remember, less than two months left to introduction, coupled by the large hype by Intel, add in the favorable tests that are leaking around the web, and I think that a person can take the tests for what they are.

agree

and

Maybe that wasn't for me, I don't bash AMD or Intel, Nvidia or ATI, whatever they do is good for us in the end. People buy what they want (the smart one's) because it suits them, it serves their purpose. How can one be better than the other if it does what you want it to do ?
I come to read the technical stuff, but people are crapping on the floor and it's hard not to step in some.
Extremists of all sorts really suck.

agree :D

all i gotta say is im looking forward to Intels conroe, i just hope they havnt pulled any tricks with silly optimizations so that the benchmarks look better than what we will get in RL situations. anyone heard anything on the AM2 fron? like a new processor for it, not just revamped 939s.

EDIT

btw parrot wtf do you have a little guy that follows your posts just to vote the 1 star everytime? or do you just do it yourself cause you think it looks cool?

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Nope. Real prototype perhaps...when Conroe is OFFICIALLY released maybe.

The naivity is absolutely, unequivocely amazing. Everyone acts as if Victor

Wang is the only one postings these impressive results...... Hello.......

Fugger.....Free Cable Guy...Coolaler, Kyosen... These are well known, and utmostly respected

overclockers......the" cream de le cream" if you will.....yet EVERYONE and

his brother insists that these benchmarks mean NADA.... HELLLLOOOO....

Wake up, smell the coffee....resign yourself to the facts....Conroe is "the"

processor that Intel has always promised, Just "way" late. If you still

think that we have to wait til release, then you really are in for a hurtin'

and you will have to bury your pride...silently..or with full acknowledgement of the strides that Intel has FINALLY made.

You would think that Intel has just told the "Tech community" that the

world isn't flat......Heavy heavy Denial...... Just unbelievable....

I can't wait to hear the"MMM's type excuses when Conroe is Officially out, and

they can't say...."Let's wait and see". As they say.................................

"And A Hush Came Over The Crowd"..... :wink:

Ohhhhhhhhhh BOY...This should get tongues wagging......HEHEHE!

Sorry i've blown a gasket so late in this thread....Just can't handle it

no more? :twisted:

iterations

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I believe the time limit is almost up for Fugger to begin posting his data. He is using a next gen motherboard (Rumor: new ATI crossfire chipset tuned for Conroe) which he is not allowed to talk about in detail quite yet.

Soon!

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
How do you define intelegence?

A: Something YOU haven't got, gOJDO :lol:
nice :lol:
this is your best and the only bullsh*tless post you've made since you are member on TG forumz.
I admit, I am stupid and uneducated, stay cool & happy.