Really annoying video problem with GeForce 2 - NEE

G

Hey all, i'm stuck still using the 5.13 drivers with my CL GeForce 2 card. If i install anything above 5.13 i loose the monitor signal. Now people have said its the refresh rate, so i set the refresh rate to 60hz in 640x480 res then installed the drivers and it still lost the signal. I tried using HZTool and that didn't work. I have got no idea what is causing this. I really want to fix this problemHere's my specs;

Chaintech CT-6BTM mother board
128MB Ram
Creative Labs GeForce 2 GTS 32MB - AGP
ATI All In Wonder PCI Card
TAXAN ErgoVision 735 TCO99 Monitor
Creative Labs SBLive!
HP SCSI Scanner (but i had the problem before i got this scanner) HP 8100i CDWriter
Creative Labs DVD & DXR2 Decoder Card

Using Windows 2000 & Windows Me - same prob in both OS's.

Thanx in advance

kangaroo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
firstly maybe flashing the latest BIOS will help..
..or perhaps remove all ur PCI cards and startup onli with onli the Geforce and see whether the prob occurs(if it doesn't, most probaly it conflicts with ur ATI all in wonder card)....
lastly, u can borrow so other people's monitor and try it out...

G

its possible that it is the ATI card since sometimes when the system starts using the GeForce2 it says i'm using the ATI card. I've got the latest bios, so i guess i'll just have to take the machine apart and see if its the board, first i'll try a different monitor. Thanx

G

Is it Detonator 3 5.13 drivers you r talking about? If it is then, I have seen somewhere in hardware reviews that Detonator 3 5.13 and 6 are not working properly, that have some glitches You'd better try to reinstall your system and try Detonator 3' earlier drivers.

G

the Detonator 3 are something like 6.22, i'm stuck using 5.13 pre Detonator 3. I don't have any probs with the 5.13 drivers, just that i'm stuck with them.

G

Aaaaarggh! I hate, I hate, I HATE, ATI.
All they offer are problems, problems,problems!

Aaarrrghh!

Sorry.

Just my opinion. Any time I tried to do ANYTHING with
my computer my ATI TV Tuner card stepped in and said,
"nope, not gonna let it happen, bud, sorry."

I feel better now.

Maybe it's your All In Wonder Card? :)

G

Yeah it's pitty. I wish there were a lot of competitors to ATI on TV tuners. ATI is leading with TV tuners. :-(