[SOLVED] Realtek ALC898 with 250 ohm headpones?

Foxis-

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
hello i have A msi b360 gaming plus with realtek ALC898, it says it can support up to 600 ohm headphones, but im still not sure, can it power the dt 990s?

Solution
If the specs state they will run them, then it should run them. If you try them and don't like the result, then you can get an amp to power them if you want those headphones. I would not NOT buy the headphones for the fear the motherboard won't power them. They are good enough headphones that spending another $50 - 100 for a good amp or amp/dac combo is not a bad idea.
If the specs state they will run them, then it should run them. If you try them and don't like the result, then you can get an amp to power them if you want those headphones. I would not NOT buy the headphones for the fear the motherboard won't power them. They are good enough headphones that spending another $50 - 100 for a good amp or amp/dac combo is not a bad idea.

Reactions: Foxis-
Solution

Foxis-

Commendable
Jan 17, 2020
hello. thanks your opinion. it wasnt really able to power them, so even if they were i returned them because i was able to hear everything outside (i never tried open back before) so im going with the dt770 and gonna buy an amp. :)