Realtek and Cambridge Soundworks problem

spark

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I have a Biostar M7NCD Pro MB with theALC650 sound chip on it. The Cambridge
system is the FPS2000. The sound is suppose to work for a 6 channel system
but it won't work with the digital line in, only with the single wire split
into front and rear. The sound system works fine as it works with my SB live
output on my other PC. Any thoughts?

Hi,

I realize this is a *really* old message originating from a newsgroup, but I am interested in knowing if anybody has resolved this issue regarding the inability for proper 5.1 sound to come through to the Cambridge Soundworks sound system (sub + speakers) from a computer sporting a built-in Realtek HD sound chipset.

My new computer has no available slot for the Creative Live! SoundBlaster, but it sports a built-in digital sound Realtek chipset.

Thanks.

Ben

TRENDING THREADS