[SOLVED] Realtek Equalizer not working ?

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
So i've been using a third party app for audio enhancement but it's trial expired.
so i wanted to use the Realtek built-in equalizer but it's not working.
I can't find the Realtek icon in the tray section and when i search it through the search box it opens up the Asus Tuf Audio Console and there are two options: realtek audio console and speakers.

My audio comes through the speakers and the realtek audio console but the equalizer is in the realtek audio console and it doesn't work and there is no equalizer in the speakers section.
Any guesses what can be the problem ?
Also i have reinstalled the realtek driver but no use.

Thank you so much in advance

Solution
the new realtek drivers come in two parts.
the drivers come from realtek
the audio console comes from windows. store.

SO the one in console is the control unit for the drivers. If it doesn't work, you could try uninstalling it in settings/apps & features, and reinstall it again. See if it makes any difference

Another choice is not use realtek at all

Method 2: If you are using Realtek Audio (Card/Drivers)
This method is to be used by users that have Realtek audio drivers on their computer.

Fire up the pop-menu above the start button by pressing “Windows key + X”

Select “Device manager” from the list.

Now go to the “Sound, video and game controllers” section.

Here, you should search for “Realtek High Definition Audio” under the...

Colif

Win 11 Master

SO the one in console is the control unit for the drivers. If it doesn't work, you could try uninstalling it in settings/apps & features, and reinstall it again. See if it makes any difference

Method 2: If you are using Realtek Audio (Card/Drivers)
This method is to be used by users that have Realtek audio drivers on their computer.

Fire up the pop-menu above the start button by pressing “Windows key + X”

Select “Device manager” from the list.

Now go to the “Sound, video and game controllers” section.

Here, you should search for “Realtek High Definition Audio” under the list of audio device drivers. Right click and select “Disable”.

Right click again and this time click on “Update driver software”

Opt for “Browse my computer for driver software”

Now go for “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”

A window asking you to select the driver that you want to install for the device should now appear.

You might see a list of available drivers. Click on “High definition audio device” and then hit “Next”

When asked, select “Yes” and a confirmation window should appear indicating that the process has completed.

When asked to reboot, say yes.

We have essentially just replaced the Realtek audio drivers with the default high definition audio device drivers for windows and this should get you the enhancements tab back! Enjoy!

fix is don't use the realtek drivers.

although that is more to get features back that have vanished in newer realtek drivers

Solution

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018

fix is don't use the realtek drivers.

although that is more to get features back that have vanished in newer realtek drivers

Any alternative to the Realtek drivers because without audio enhancement the audio is so bad it'll make you hate your fav songs.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
This had stopped being a hardware problem, but plenty of good (and free) audio players come with their own equalizer and spatializer et cetera. Foobar2000, for one.

Though you might also want to check your source quality, or get some entry level Hi-Fi kit which were not all that pricey by computer hardware standards, and were already more than 90% as good as even the most expensive.

Guess it's still a hardware problem, after all.