Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Issue: Will not connect using ethernet.

bentonnissen

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Hi All,
I have an ibuypower laptop, that before yesterday, had never been connected to a hard line. I'm currently in Afghanistan, and the routers we're connected to are overloaded. The only way to get a stable connection (we've found) is to run a direct line from the router to our computer. Here's the problem I'm having. I can connect to the internet via wifi without issue, but when I connect an Ethernet from the router into my computer, nothing happens automatically. If I go into network and sharing center, disable all connections including the LAN connection, and then re enable the LAN, the network will connect. The dialog box will pop up at the bottom stating that I need to go online to connect to the network (sniperhill). I can bring up IE, load the log in page, but before I can enter information the connection cuts out again. At this point, I cannot try it again unless I restart my computer because it will not let me enable/disable my LAN connection without doing so. I have Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall the driver through the driver disk that came with the computer, and when I try to update it through "update device drivers" it says that it is up to date (even though the driver date shows 3/9/2012). I've also attempted to adjust settings / disable my firewall, same with the antivirus program, used a different browser, and tried an earlier version of Internet Explorer. We've tried to connect other computers to this same Ethernet cable, and it has worked without any problem with every one we've tried. I don't think I've left anything out, and I hope I was clear with the issue. Thanks in advance.
-Ben

Endoftheriver

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

THANK YOU! Had replaced a MotherBoard with an ASUS A55M-E33 on a system that had Vista and didn't want to have to buy another copy of windows. The driver provided by ASus and TigerDirect did Not Work and you don't get support from them. Spent a day working on this problem and now thanks to you, I have it working! Hope you see this, thanks again, Brian

KraitGaming

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi I maybe Late to this thread made by the original author but here is how I fixed mine after stupidly updating it using Drive Booster

*NOTE this needs you to have atleast a restore point

1. Boot Up Safe Mode(windows key + R > type msconfig > go to to boot > safe boot > tick network to make sure
2. Uninstalled the device via Device Manger ( windows key + R > type devmgmt.msc > network adapters)
3. choose the restore point that is any date than when you had the problem.
4. make sure to boot up again on safe mode upon restart
5. go back to msconfig and uncheck safe boot
6. restart normally

Latest posts