Question Realtek PCIe GBe Family controller keeps re-installing

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I am trying to uninstall the Realtek PCIe family controller becuase I think it causing some kind of resource conflict with my GPU drivers. However, when I delete it it re-installs itself. Is there any way to delete it permanently? I don't even require it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Windows will continue to install drivers for devices it recognises, there's no way around it. Could possibly disable the controller in device manager after install but why do you believe it's to do with Realtek Pcie controller? What's the problem?

List specs

Cpu & cooling
Motherboard
Ram configuration
Gpu
Hdd/ssd
Psu
Case
Windows & where it's installed

Last edited:

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Windows will continue to install drivers for devices it recognises, there's no way around it. Could possibly disable the controller in device manager after install but why do you believe it's to do with Realtek Pcie controller? What's the problem?

List specs

Cpu & cooling
Motherboard
Ram configuration
Gpu
Hdd/ssd
Psu
Case
Windows & where it's installed
I was getting PCIe error code 0x15 for GPU drivers. That is why I want to uninstall it.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Follow Pokester's instructions exactly except driver versions obviously but the order he explains.

https://community.amd.com/thread/236200

Run driver as administrator.

Question, can you install driver though? Or are you greeted with an error message? Can you play games? Is the error message only in event viewer?
That is my thread only LOL. No it does not help. I can play the games except one that is Fallout 4. I upgraded to dual channel RAM but it still does not play well. I saw videos on youtube of my card playing the game on ultra but my card does not. I can install the driver but after installation this error is shown by only events viewer and in device manager under the events tab.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh lol was that your thread, well obviously didn't know, different name and was posted earlier this year.

Honestly i don't believe performance issues has anything to do with host controllers. More the idea toward Windows/gpu/game settings. If other games play fine ignore event viewer. Even my pc has crap in event viewer if i look.

Focus on Windows settings like Cortana, Game bar, Windows power plans, Ryzen balanced & set minimum cpu power state of 10%.

Ryzen's infinity fabric inside the cpu is heavily reliant on memory speed. 3000~3200 CL14 is the sweet spot. Also, consider an faster cpu 1600/1600x. 1200, is ok but is entry level and can struggle in open world games.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Oh lol was that your thread, well obviously didn't know, different name and was posted earlier this year.

Honestly i don't believe performance issues has anything to do with host controllers. More the idea toward Windows/gpu/game settings. If other games play fine ignore event viewer. Even my pc has crap in event viewer if i look.

Focus on Windows settings like Cortana, Game bar, Windows power plans, Ryzen balanced & set minimum cpu power state of 10%.

Ryzen's infinity fabric inside the cpu is heavily reliant on memory speed. 3000~3200 CL14 is the sweet spot. Also, consider an faster cpu 1600/1600x. 1200, is ok but is entry level and can struggle in open world games.
I am not saying that the Realtek thing is the cause of performance issues but I think it is conflicting with the Radeon drivers installation because they both have the term PCIe in the name. I followed your comment to disable it and what I noticed was that Wolfenstein 2 stopped crashing permanently on my system. That is quite weird but who knows what software causes problems? I will try to install drivers with the Realtek controller disabled to see if it helps to remove the error.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Maybe something was done or installed differently. Would be difficult to know exactly.
I don't know why Gigabyte added this bloatware and a ethernet controller without any BIOS option to disable it. And windows 10 is equally annoying. I don't know why does it include the driver uninstall option if it does not work.