Question Reboot amd select proper boot device

Dec 13, 2018
Motherboard: Gigabyte GAF2A58MS1
Processor: AMD A4 Dual core
RAM: DDR3 6gb

This is my friend's pc, his windows was corrupted and couldn't boot. So i took his HDD (1TB) and installed in my pc and used Bootable pendrive to install windows in it, but it was showing "windows can't be installed in this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table." I pressed shift+f10 opened dos and run the command diskpart>list disk>select disk 0>clean>convert to GPT>exit.

After that I installed windows 10 64 bits in it and it worked absolutely fine. I did several restart on my pc and windows booted up pretty fine

PROBLEM: when he installed the HDD in his PC it's showing restart and choose proper boot device. I went to Bios enabled/disabled fast boot selected the HDD from boot priority saved and exited, but problem still persists. I checked the sata cables and its was fine.

How to fix this?☹️

USAFRet

Titan
You can't simply put his drive in your system, "install" the OS, and have it boot up in his system.

2 problems:
1. The boot partition for this new install resides on one of the drives in YOUR system. Move that OS drive to his system, and there is no boot partition.
2. Unless the systems are pretty much identical, moving a drive between is problematic, in the best of circumstances.

Solution:
Put the drive back in his system, and do the whoe OS install there.

With only ONE drive physically connected.

Just like this:

Dec 13, 2018
You can't simply put his drive in your system, "install" the OS, and have it boot up in his system.

2 problems:
1. The boot partition for this new install resides on one of the drives in YOUR system. Move that OS drive to his system, and there is no boot partition.
2. Unless the systems are pretty much identical, moving a drive between is problematic, in the best of circumstances.

Solution:
Put the drive back in his system, and do the whoe OS install there.

With only ONE drive physically connected.

Just like this:
I tried to install windows from bootable usb on his PC first. But his potato pc couldn't even load the Window Installation page, it was a blue blank screen with a cursor ,it took 3 hours for the "install windows" to come and and failed saying "windows can be installed with an error code, maybe o have to do that DOS thing. And is it really possible to boot from the usb for that motherboard?

USAFRet

Titan
I tried to install windows from bootable usb on his PC first. But his potato pc couldn't even load the Window Installation page, it was a blue blank screen with a cursor ,it took 3 hours for the "install windows" to come and and failed saying "windows can be installed with an error code, maybe o have to do that DOS thing. And is it really possible to boot from the usb for that motherboard?
Yes, it is entirely possible to boot from and install from a USB on that motherboard.

Assuming, of course, the thing actually works, and your USB install is fully functional.

Dec 13, 2018
Yes, it is entirely possible to boot from and install from a USB on that motherboard.

Assuming, of course, the thing actually works, and your USB install is fully functional.
Problem, pc is shutting off when trying to boot from usb. Usb is clearly shown in the BIOS i tried both front usb slots and after selecting usb for boot option one it reboots and bios screen stays for 10 seconds then pc turns off completely.
Please help.

Dec 13, 2018
Try one of the rear USB ports.
Did but no result. It seems like the bios screen stayed for longer than usual when usb is selected as the boot option, if it couldn't detect the usb it would just tell me to reboot and select proper boot device. I got no clue. It was working before with a blue blank screen and i had to wait for 3 hours to install the windows, now it's shutting down.

Last edited: