Question Reboot and select proper boot device

justingankhuu09

Reputable
Jul 30, 2018
Hey guys, I've encountered a problem with reboot and select proper boot device after i updated the bios. Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Colourful b450m cvn gamingv14
T-force 1x8gb ddr4 ram
Cooler master 500w psu
Samsung evo 500gb ssd
Rx 580.
I wanted to upgrade my cpu to the ryzen 7 3700x, but in order to do that i needed to update my motherboard to be compatible, but after doing so the "reboot and select proper boot device" error occured. The motherboard detects the ssd and its #1 in boot order. I've managed to get pass the error by taking the battery off from the motherboard and placing it back after a few minutes. But if i restart or turn off and on my computer, it reverts back to the issue. All cables and wires are already checked. Any solutions?

Hey guys, I've encountered a problem with reboot and select proper boot device after i updated the bios. Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Colourful b450m cvn gamingv14
T-force 1x8gb ddr4 ram
Cooler master 500w psu
Samsung evo 500gb ssd
Rx 580.
I wanted to upgrade my cpu to the ryzen 7 3700x, but in order to do that i needed to update my motherboard to be compatible, but after doing so the "reboot and select proper boot device" error occured. The motherboard detects the ssd and its #1 in boot order. I've managed to get pass the error by taking the battery off from the motherboard and placing it back after a few minutes. But if i restart or turn off and on my computer, it reverts back to the issue. All cables and wires are already checked. Any solutions?
When you enter BIOS make sure disk is set as first boot device manually and saved as such.