Question Recent display issue with existing dual monitor setup

May 29, 2020
Summary:
My computer is setup with dual displays. I used the computer as normal in the morning, and left it running as I went about other business in the house, at which point the computer went into sleep mode for the screens only (after 30 min). I have it setup to not go into sleep for the pc itself. When I came back to my PC and "woke" it, my "Left" monitor was not displaying properly but my "Right" one was.

Component Specs:
Hannspree Monitor HF237 "Left"
Asus Monitor VE247 "Right"
Video Card AMD Radeon R9 290

Details:
The Hannspree"Left" monitor is (normally) connected to my video card via an HDMI to DisplayPort cable. The Asus "Right" monitor is connected HDMI to HDMI.

Troubleshooting done so far:
- Disconnected both monitors and tried single monitor at a time.
Result: The Asus works via both cables with no issues when plugged in solo. The Hannspree displays for a few seconds and then goes black via both cables.

-Switch (reverse) cable connections to monitors
Result: Hannspree displays briefly then goes black, Asus monitor does not display at all and "No HDMI Connection Detected" comes up on screen.

Before each switch I made sure to completely power down my system. I have had this system running for several years and have had only minor issues previously. Also with the "Left" monitor and display/synch issues. My biggest issue now is that I can't try advanced troubleshooting for both screens because it seems when they are both plugged in it only detects the "Left" display and the "Right" turns off while the "left" goes black.

When the problem first presented itself I was able to keep working on the "Right" display while both were plugged in. The system showed another display plugged in but it was not recognized. After I made the cable switches I can't have both plugged in or I'm stuck with a black screen on the "Left" monitor and no input on the other "Right".

I am not equipped to do any deeper repairs (if necessary) to the electronics of the Hannspree monitor, but before I call it and buy a new monitor I wanted to see if there might be something I'm missing in troubleshooting. I don't have a third monitor available to try and substitute to test the video card ports itself. Though, since the Asus monitor works via both ports I'm inclined to think it is not the video card.

I hope this is clear, any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

I have an older left monitor that stays asleep sometimes.
I need to power it off and back on again to get it going.
I suspect that the cause is the newer power savings options of motherboards and power supplies that are not leaving sufficient residual current to enable wake.
Perhaps a less aggressive sleep state in the bios might help.

May 29, 2020
I have an older left monitor that stays asleep sometimes.
I need to power it off and back on again to get it going.
I suspect that the cause is the newer power savings options of motherboards and power supplies that are not leaving sufficient residual current to enable wake.
Perhaps a less aggressive sleep state in the bios might help.

Thank you for the suggestion. It may be a power issue, but the problem persists during system restart so the monitor "should" be waking during that process I think. I have tried manually cycling the power to the monitor itself and that does not solve the issue either.