Recomended Coolers?

Scurvythepirate

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
I've been looking around for about 2 weeks now and there is nothing that really catches my eye. Either they are too expenisve and dont work good or they just plain suck overall. My research is of a good cooler is done mainly on frostytech.com, where they give acurate temps. Unfourtunatly there is nothing I like.
I have a budget of $50 CAD. Please try and use newegg.ca or canadacomputers.com as I know they are relaible. The cooler also must fit in my Cooler Master CM 690 case. I have a LGA 775 core 2 duo e8400 (factory clocked).
THanks and please help

I've been using my trusty ThermalRight Ultra 120 cpu heatsink for several years. Have not experienced any problems of any kind. It's one of the original, if not the original, tower style heatsinks. It can still hold it's own against newer heatsinks.

I went over to newegg.ca to see what was available for $25.00 CAD. Only two Intel heatsinks under $25.00. Not much of a choice.

I asked about the side window because you posted you were over at FrostyTech and there was nothing there you liked. Thought you might want to add bling.

Scurvythepirate

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
When did I ever say that?
The Dark Knight looks great, one draw back though. No thermal grease :(. Newegg dosen't sell any so Ill go to some local store to get some.

I'm thinking of getting it, I just need some results from regular people. Not just frostytech if you know what I mean.

Thanks for your help

Scurvythepirate

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Oh it does thanks. and another question is the thermal grease good, or terrible.
Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure I'm getting the right one.
:)

It geats kind of crazy with thermal compounds. Some of the compounds that come with components are good and some aren't. It just depends. Some people prefer to purchase third party compounds. Funny thing is I look at those technical reviews and see that most of the time there isn't too much difference in performance among the third party compounds. A difference of one or two degrees Centigrade usually isn't anything to get excited about unless you're a hardcore gamer into some very serious overclocking; have a pc case with with very bad ventilation, bad airflow, and bad cooling; and are on the verge of frying the entire system while attempting to destroy alien invaders.