[SOLVED] Recommend Hardware Solution For Recording PC GamePlay

ThunderBoyDavid

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2012
i am looking for recommendations for a Hardware way of recording my PC gameplay. i have tried the software way and i don't really like it.
Poking around on Amazon i saw an HDMI Box but most were for PS4, Xbox One. i did find 2 or 3 that were for PC. i also found a PCIe card that captured PC GamePlay.
i just need a really good recommendation. i mostly play Brutal Doom, Tiny and Big, Halo, MAME, Minecraft, Quake.
The videos will just be for me and my friends. i have NO!! intention of posting them to YouTube or anywhere else.
i have Fraps, but i have been using Bandicam. i like Bandicam but i want something better. i want better quality videos. If that's possible??

Thanks, David, ThunderBoyDavid

Every Fear Hides A Wish

Solution
Intel i7-4770K Quad Core @ 3.50 GHz
ASUS Z87 Sabertooth LGA1150
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 1600Mhz
GeForce GTX 1060 6G
Antec 900W HCG-900

Sorry for not including this information in the first post. ,David
You already have a hardware capture card in your iGPU,install the drivers use OBS and choose qsv as the encoder and you are good to go.

Otherwise any hdmi box is made to just record the hdmi input without any help so it will work with anything that has an hdmi output including your PC,those that are made for PC use a little bit of processing power of the PC for the recording(as does obs with qsv) .

ThunderBoyDavid

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2012
GeForce GTX 1060 6G
Antec 900W HCG-900

GeForce GTX 1060 6G
Antec 900W HCG-900

You already have a hardware capture card in your iGPU,install the drivers use OBS and choose qsv as the encoder and you are good to go.

Otherwise any hdmi box is made to just record the hdmi input without any help so it will work with anything that has an hdmi output including your PC,those that are made for PC use a little bit of processing power of the PC for the recording(as does obs with qsv) .

Solution