Question Recommendations about monitor for ps5 and pc

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Good day!

I am looking for a 27" 1440p IPS monitor to connect my PS5 and PC (i5 13600k, rtx 3080)

Could you give me some recommendations please.

Thank You.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Actually i have a chosen but it is not on the nvidia gsync compatiblity list do you think the gsync will work with it?

BenQ Mobiuz EX270QM it is kind of pricey in my country but has hdmi 2.1 ports and also well built in speaker.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Generally any FreeSync Premium monitor is likely to be G-Sync compatible. The actual G-Sync Compatible label comes from ones verified by Nvidia.

BenQ doesn't show up much on Nvidia's list, only two old TN panel monitors. I have a feeling BenQ just isn't bothering with going through the process to get certified.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Generally any FreeSync Premium monitor is likely to be G-Sync compatible. The actual G-Sync Compatible label comes from ones verified by Nvidia.

BenQ doesn't show up much on Nvidia's list, only two old TN panel monitors. I have a feeling BenQ just isn't bothering with going through the process to get certified.
So as I understand the BenQ is a good choice. :)

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Under the FAQ they claim it is G-Sync compatible:

https://www.benq.com/en-us/monitor/gaming/ex270qm/buy.html

They also list the VRR compatibility with PS5 and XBox
Thank You for you help. And do you think my pc will able to handle the 240hz at 1440p?

Config:

CPU:I5 13600K
MOBO: ASUS ROG Z790 GAMING-F WIFI
CASE: BE QUIET PURE BASE 500DX
PSU: SEASONIC PX 850W
GPU:RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO
CPU COOLER:NOCTUA NH-D15
RAM:KINGSTON HYPRX FURY BEAST 2X16GB 6000MHZ
SSD: 1tb 970 evo nvme

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Thank You for you help. And do you think my pc will able to handle the 240hz at 1440p?

CPU:I5 13600K
GPU:RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO
That depends entirely on the game. Competitive settings in e-sports titles, yes. Recent AAA releases at Ultra, no.

I have a 3080Ti and 1440p 165hz monitor and I certainly don't hit the ceiling on the latest games without turning a few things down, though I rarely do. Most of the games I play are a few years older than my card and most graphics demanding titles aren't the type I like to play. Mostly story driven games.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
That depends entirely on the game. Competitive settings in e-sports titles, yes. Recent AAA releases at Ultra, no.

I have a 3080Ti and 1440p 165hz monitor and I certainly don't hit the ceiling on the latest games without turning a few things down, though I rarely do. Most of the games I play are a few years older than my card and most graphics demanding titles aren't the type I like to play. Mostly story driven games.
There is any recommendation hz for my setup to make sure it will handle games without any issues. For example like 180hz?

Sorry for my dumb questions I just want to make sure :D Yes here is the question why do i buy 240hz monitor?
- i buy it for years
- priority was the hdmi 2.1 port
- only with this refresh rate is available in my country the 2k monitor with hdmi 2.1 :) Basically there is the lower one is Alienware or lg but Alienware i have read random black screen issues and also the lg but it is only available in 4k what i dont think it looks good in 27" and the 32" doesn't fit on my desk. :) Otherwise i dont think and buy 4k 32 inch for my pc and ps5 :ROFLMAO:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hz is just how fast the monitor can work. The FPS you can output is entirely up to the game and its settings.

I would buy a 240hz monitor today hoping in the future I could run close to that. Though I don't consider it likely.

I have had my 1440p monitor for 8 or 9 years at this point. There are always games I can't push to 144hz unless I keep upgrading my GPU. But if you want to load up Fortnite at medium settings you can probably pull 200FPS out of your system. Or Rocket League, or CS2, or what have you.

But if you want to play the latest Assassin's Creed or the Last of Us at 240 FPS it won't be able to do that. The monitor will still be 240hz though, and with G-Sync enabled you shouldn't see or feel anything wrong.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Thank you so much for the clear information. And also thanks for your help. You helped me a lot to make my decision. Definetely I will go with the mentioned monitor. ;)

Thanks again. :hello: